Chapter 41

Chapter 41

.

"You're meeting them now... is it okay?" She asked hesitantly.

Hindi ako kumibo, inayos ko na lamang ang kulay asul na hikaw ko habang nakaharap sa salamin. Do I even have a choice? Tita Claudette keeps on calling me these past few weeks pero hindi ko na nasasagot, while the Sanbanez is too determine para maipakilala ako bilang Sanbanez.

"You know that I can—" I cut her words off.

"It's okay, Ate Kisha...." I trailed off and stopped from what I was doing. "If this is what my mom wants, I would do it. She longed for her family but gave it up just for us." Dagdag ko, I checked the time. 12:30 pm na pala.

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. Hindi pa nga ako nakakaisip ng isasagot sa alok nilang mag-debut ulit ako sa society not as a Valmorida but a Sanbanez.

"You don't have to force yourself. They'll understand it if you tell them the truth. I promise." She states and sighs while leaning on the doorframe.

"I'm okay with this Ate Kisha. Kakausapin lang naman daw nila ako." I whispered in such a low tone that I think no one even heard it.

She sighed in despair. "Okay, fine, if you don't want to continue or do what they told you to do. Just tell them an ayaw mo, papakinggan ka nila." She added and left me inside my room.

I stopped from straightening the dress I was wearing using my hands and sighed deeply. I don't actually know if I want to be part of this family, my love rival's family. He... he would think of me as Tamora lalo na't Sanbanez ako.

I left the room, sumigaw lang ako para magpaalam. I took the car keys hanging beside the door and drove to the Sanbanez mansion, I tried to clear my thoughts while driving, but for some reason, my heartbeat was abnormally fast.

"Good morning, Miss Xochiquetzal." The butler bowed his head as a sign of respect. I just gave him a nod and my car keys. When I entered their mansion, I was welcomed with them smiling warmly at me. They were all waiting for me, agad akong niyakap ni grandma. I hugged her back to give her respect.

Nanatiling nakatayo ang mama ni Tamora. She just stared at me but looked away when our eyes met.

"Come in." Tita Alehja, the youngest daughter of the sanbanez siblings, invited me with enthusiasm.

Bitin akong ngumiti, Grandma broke our embrace and placed her hand on my back to guide me inside. Pagkapasok ko sy bumungad agad sa akin ang picture ng magpamilya with Tamora. I tried to hide the bitterness and looked away.

Alam ba nila na may relasyon ako sa ex-fiance ng apo nilang si Tamora? How funny this coinidence is, so effin funny. I-I just wish they wouldn't know, ayoko. Will they judge me kapag nalaman nila? I mentally shook my head to clear my thoughts.

I sat down and looked around the place. The interior design is from the like American colonial period with a touch of modern architecture, maganda the color is white and brown which compliments the design.

"Kumain ka na ba? Ano gusto mo? Do you want to eat something? Like mango—" she cut her own words when she noticed how I straightened my back as soon as I heard the word mango.

I heard Tita Alehja laughed, pati yung iba ay nagsitawanan. I covered my red as tomato face.

"Sige, tamang tama. We just harvested mangos kaninang umaga." Tito Clerence stated and called one of the maids.

They gave me four native mangos na may asin at bagoong for sauce. When I smelled the bagoong muntik na akong maduwal.

"Do you have a peanut butter—" I cut my own words off and covered my mouth. That might be too weird, right? I still crave those combinations. Kinuha ko na lang ang sliced mangos, at palihim na inilayo ang bagoong.