Epilogue

Epilogue

.

When the news reached me about the death of Tamora. I broke down into tears, the posture and stern face that I always kept vanished, and the vulnerable side of me was shown to the world.

"You'll embarrass us with those whims of yours. Remember that you are a Montergo. You are an expected heir of our clan, and you'll act like this?!" She screamed and stomped the cane she was holding. "We don't have weaknesses, leave this country for a while, and never come back until you've collected yourself." Her voice thundered across the empty room, and I kept my head bowed. "Are we clear, Zakchaios?" She asked full of authority, her eyes blank as her face mimicking a blackhole.

"Yes... Grandma." I agreed in a low voice, I was forced to collect myself while dying inside.

They didn't let me mourn her death or even visit her grave for the first and last time before leaving the country and the reason everyone knew why I left was because of business but it was because of Grandma. After years of locking myself out of the world and 'collecting' myself, I finally moved on... but the pain and sorrow still linger in my heart.

"Are you sure about going back, Zak?" Qria asked me on the other line.

It took me a while to answer her question. "Yes, surely."

I heard Xaz sighed. "Do whatever you want." I can imagine her rolling her eyes at me on the other line. "So, are you going to visit her?"

Her question made my heart clench. I shifted my eyes outside the cab's window. Supposedly, I plan to, but I am not yet sure if I can even face her family and her grave.

"N-No... how about you? When do you plan to go home?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Home? Huh! It's not home, Zak." She replied seriously and then released a heavy sigh. "But, I'm not yet sure." She answered bluntly.

I hmmed as a response. When I got back home, no one greeted me and was instead told to check on M Entertainment immediately for the welcome back party Grandma hosted for me. I inspected everything, and nothing changed. Hence, I stopped in front of a room where Tamora and I frequently go around with.

I unlocked the door. Everything was now covered with white blankets, but what took my attention was a woman with hair that imitates the sun. She blew smoke, and from her posture, she's surely smoking.

"Cigarettes is prohibited here," I spoke off with a stern face.

She tsked, still her back in front of me. "I know."

I took small steps towards her, I stopped and stood near her. That's when she turned her back and burst upon me was the face of an angel with eyes clearer than the ocean.

"You violated two rules, Miss. First, entering a room for staff only and second..." I trailed off, my eyes roamed at her face, and it landed on her red lips, "bringing and using a cigarette inside the company." I stated with a blank expression.

Her response was showing me her cigarette,   and how she stuck it in her mouth then blew the smoke on my face, afterwort dropping it on the round and stomping it with brute force, and my eyes squinted.

"Thank you then." She retorted and walked away.

After that encounter, I didn't anticipate seeing her in the garden. I stood from afar and watched her look up and talk to herself, I walked towards her and stopped an inch away, and I did what she did.

"What are you doing here?" I asked when I felt her move.

I chuckled when she asked me if she again entered a prohibited room. She reminds me of someone, Tamora. However, I again never anticipated that this encounter would lead us to a contract.