~ 11 ~

Sylvie

After Luca and me got back home, he lifted me up in his arms as I clung to him like a Koala. 

Thoughts of the funeral consuming every inch of mind as I try to push everything away. The looks everyone was giving me, the weird feeling at the bottom of my stomach. 

I don't want to do that 'I'm so sorry for you loss' or the 'thank you for coming, I know she'd have loved to have you here' even though I have no clue who these people are. 

As we enter the house I notice that everyone is present in the living room waiting for us to get home, but I didn't wanna talk to anyone. I bury my face at the crook of Lua's neck and close my eyes. He happened to know exactly what I wanted and carried me directly to my room, locking the door once we entered. 

"No more pity looks, I promise, you can look at me" I hear his voice, he has a really soft voice, exactly the opposite of what I had imagined. 

I looked up from his shoulder, looking right into his eyes. He had brown eyes with a little bit of yellow in them, exactly like mine. 

As promised, he didn't look at me with pity, he looked at me like he was proud of me, proud of me for getting through this day. 

"Ok, I'm gonna place you down, and go get something for us to eat, ok?" he asks, I don't have the energy to answer him so I just nod. He places me down on the bed and goes out the door. 

I look at myself in the full length mirror in front of me. My eyes were puffy and red from all the crying, my hair is a mess, and my dress is muddy. 

I hated everything about this outfit, it was synthetic and grazing my body giving me weird chills. The way it clung to my body made me feel disgusting, I need to take it off. 

I look around trying to find my wheelchair, I guess no one put it back in my room. But I really want to get out of this dress. 

So I walk over to my closet, stumbling a little on the way I walk over pulling off this dress, replacing it with a new one. 

As I'm about to make it back to the bed, my legs give up on me, and this time no one is there to catch me as I fall to the floor. 

This is nothing new, always happened to me. So I just sit there until my legs feel better and then I can walk right to the bed. 

Luca enters the room with a pot of spaghetti and two forks in it. I notice that he changed out of his suit into spider man pants and a plain black long sleeves shirt.

It's a shame that the suit really complimented his physique, but this 12 year old's pajamas somehow look good on him. 

"Why are you on the floor?" he asks confused, placing the pot of pasta on the coffee table and moving towards me to lift me off the ground. 

"I fell," I simply state, "Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't tell at all" He sarcastically tells me lifting me off the ground, I roll my eyes and he proceeds to place me on the bed, I stare at him confused as he goes over opening the balcony doors and rolling out the fake grass mat that was placed in the corner. 

He leans over pulling me into his arms again and placing me on the grass mat, he goes inside bringing the pot of pasta and placing it in front of me. 

He doesn't say anything and just picks up one of the forks, rolling the pasta and eating it, he passes the other fork to me. 

I follow his actions picking up pasta with my fork and proceeding to eat it. "Why the sudden change of scenery? We could've eaten inside" I question him, not that I mind the view, but I'm just a little curious.