~ 8 ~

Sylvie

"Surprise," I hear a bunch of random faces stare at my face as I enter the living room. There are too many people here, I don't want to stay here, get me out of here. 

I tightly grip on to Andrea's sleeve, I lightly tug at him, "They are your extended family Sylvie" He explains, "If you don't want to meet them right now, you can go for a walk with Francesco outside in the garden, and meet them whenever you're ready." He tells me noticing me discomfort. 

I immediately agree to go outside for a while, Andrea calls Francesco to take to me over to the garden. 

I notice the disappointed looks of everyone, so I stop my wheelchair for a moment before turning to them, "I'm sorry, I get nervous around people, I'll just take a break and come back, sorry," I apologize, before following Francesco outside. 

Andrea got ramps installed on all staircases in the house, so it's easy for me to move around. 

Aurelio

I can't believe how much my little sister has grow up. I watch her slowly wheel down the ramp and follow Francesco towards the swings in the backyard. 

"How is she coping?" Nonno asks to no one in particular, "She needs more time to get used to everything," Andrea says, "That's why I had asked you guys to show a little later" He's clearly pissed at them for coming over this early and without any notice. 

"I know, but you wouldn't have let us come if we'd told you before" Uncle Neo (Antonio) speaks up, "besides, I heard there was an attack on her, we we're all worried" He defends himself. 

"Plus she's been gone for too long, we couldn't hold ourselves back anymore, we wanted to see the little princess" Uncle Fred (Fredrico) adds. We can't even blame them for it. 

"Come here you little man" Uncle Fred says pulling Andrea into a hug, only the uncles can call Andrea a 'little man' and get away with it. 

A few of the boys snicker when that happens, "Ok ok, who wants some cookies" Nonna speaks up. Now we're talking, "Me" everyone screams in excitement, "to the kitchen" Nonna says walking in front with all of us trailing behind her like lost puppies. 

Once the cookies are placed on the counter, no one wastes time in pouncing on the cookies trying to grab one for themselves, two minutes later and all the cookies in the basket are gone. 

"I love you Nonna" I go over and hug her as she flicks my head, "Yea yea, all the love is only for the cookies, I know" She says in a teasing tone. 

"Of course not Nonna, we love you" Matteo comes in from the side to join the hug, which leads to a big family hug when everyone is eventually forced to joining in. 

"I can't breathe anymore" Zeno's muffled voice breaks apart the group hug. "Ok why don't you guys go unpack and freshen up in your rooms, once Sylvie is ready I'll call you all down" Andrea announces to everyone. 

The boys pick up their bags and move towards their respective rooms that they usually use when they come over. 

Matteo and Lucas head over to their respective rooms, while me and Andrea go towards the balcony discussing about our next steps with Samuel. 

"What's the update on Samuel?" He asks, "He doesn't know anythign else," I mention, "He told that he was just given a job to kill her and was being payed for it, and today he just came as a messenger to convey a warning" My fingers form a tight fist with all the anger built up in me. 

I want to kill that son of a bitch for what he made my sister go through. "Kill him." Andrea states. 

"How can you just kill him after what he did? Don't you want to torture him and give him a slow death?" I ask confused by his orders.