Chapter 21

Lilacs POV

After what Sandy had done, he had locked himself in the bedroom to sleep, leaving me to pull on the clothes I had previously worn. I sat down on the floor of the bathroom, my tears and hair sticking to my face. I felt something in the back pocket of my jeans, and I pulled out a key.

Gasping, I remembered I had taken it from his jacket, and I stumbled to my feet, eager to finally find out what he was hiding. As I crept into the living room, shutting the door quietly behind me, I stared at the door. An eery feeling sank onto me as I stepped closer to the door. The apartment was silent; all I could hear was my heartbeat thumping and Sandys' distant snores.

I put the key in the hole and turned it, taking a deep breathe before I pushed open the door slowly. As I stepped in, I looked around the dark room, shutting the door behind me. When I switched on the light, I felt horrified. Pictures of what I recognised was myself littered the walls. Newspaper clippings of the 'MISSING' advert the cops had put out to help someone I knew find me were pinned to the wall.

As I took a closer look at the pictures of myself, a lot of them were with someone else.. Someone who I couldn't make out very well as either the picture wasn't focused on them or they weren't facing the camera. All I could see was that they had sort of galaxy coloured hair that was spiked up in all directions and in one a shirt that looked exactly like the Blink-182 one I was wearing. Shit, it is.

I found more pictures, and some with his face showing in it, one of us even kissing. Why did Sandy have all these pictures? Was he spying on me? But these must've been before the accident, because I don't remember this person at all.. Wait, was it Sandy that did this to me?

I opened some drawers and pulled out papers and envelopes. Some of them were letters from companies or bills. In fact a few were ones from recent which I had recognised in the mail. I looked at one, seeing not the name 'Sandy' in the address.. but 'Steve'.

I gasped, stumbling back until I hit a wall. Memories flooded back to me suddenly. How had I not realised.. It's him. Steve. He did this to me. How? Why?

I heard the door creak open, and I met the smug face of Sandy himself- or should I say Steve. "H-How could you do th-this?" I croaked out, backing away from him as he stepped closer to me.

"I did it for you. After all this time.. All I ever wanted was you.. And now I've got you where I want you." He grinned, his eyes dark and almost evil-like.

"Fuck you." I spat, anger rising up in me. I pushed him away, causing him to stumble back with a laugh.

"What was that?" He chuckled, brushing it off as if I was nothing but a fly to him.

"I said fuck you!" I screamed, feeling a sting against my cheek. I held it in pain, my teary eyes glaring straight at him.

"No, I don't think you did." His smile softened, his face blank of emotions. I went to hit him back, but he stopped me as he grabbed my arm before I could slap him. I squirmed in his grip, crying and shouting at him to stop; but there was no need.

He has me wrapped around his finger.