Chapter 6

Four weeks passed quickly. Each day went the same, we'd record/practise a song in the new album and after I'd hang out with either Michael or all of the band together. Me and Michael have grown closer each day, it definitely feels like we've known each other for years.

Michael's hair was now a galaxy blue colour, and I had learnt that he frequently dyes it different colours. He had tried to convince me to dye mine a new colour too, but I kept mine pale pink as I liked it.

We were now all sitting in Ashton's living room, Michael with his acoustic guitar and Ashton sitting on a cardboard box he uses as his temporary 'drums'. Calum and Luke were singing Beside You as Michael and Ashton played their instrument. I had my head leant on Michaels shoulder, listening to them play. Once they finished we all clapped.

"Hey, Lilac, do you play anything?" Luke asked, picking up his bottle of water.

"Well I used to play guitar and sing and stuff but not recently, no." Calum began chanting for me to play, Michael, Ashton and Luke joining in.

I frowned. "I haven't played it in ages though!" Michael put his acoustic guitar on my lap and pulled me onto his.

"Pleaaasee." He muttered into my hair and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay." I whispered, holding the neck of the guitar. The boys clapped and I began to strum the song of 'Girls' by 1975. Which was the best acoustic song I could do.

"Bite your face to spite your nose. 17 and a half years old. Worrying about my brother finding out. What's the fun in doing what you're told? I said, No! Oh give it a rest, I could persuade you. I'm not your typical, stoned 18 year old. Give me a night I'll make you". I felt Michael join in the singing a few times as I sang, his arms loosely wrapped around my waist as I played the song.

"I know you're looking for salvation in the secular age, but girl I'm not your savior. Wrestle to the ground. God help me now because they're just girls breaking hearts. Eyes bright, uptight, just girls. But she can't be what you need if she's 17. They're just girls, they're just girls. A pair of frozen hands to hold, oh she's so southern so she feels the cold. One moment I was tearing off your blouse, now you're living in my house. What happened to just messing around?"

"I said, Yo, I think you better go; I can't take you. You just sit and get stoned with 30 year olds and you think you've made it. Well, shouldn't you be fucking with somebody your age instead of making changes? Wrestle to the ground. God help me now because they're just girls breaking hearts. Eyes bright, uptight, just girls."

I carried on singing and strumming the song till I ended, where I looked down, my cheeks pink. All four boys began whooping and clapping their hands. "That was great, man!" Ashton congratulated me, as did the others. I thanked them and put down the guitar, propping it against the sofa.

Michael smirked, his chin on my shoulder. "What ya doing there, Clifford?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He shrugged and trapped me in his arms. The other boys started a conversation on the other side of the room, as me and Michael messed about. I tried to wriggle out of his arms, but he kept finding a way to keep me on his lap. I distracted him and slid out of his hands, dancing a victory dance. He pouted and fake cried.

"God Michael, you're so clingy!" Calum chuckled, bringing the subject back to us. Michael stretched his arms and stood up.

"You want me to drive you home? It's getting late." I nodded and looked at the clock.

"Yes purlease." I smiled, grabbing my bag. Saying goodbye to the lads, I waved and followed Mikey out. His hand interwined in mine and I thought of something.

"We've known each other a month and I don't even know where you live." I smirked as he groaned, trying to change the subject. "Come on, I wanna see!"