Chapter 5

Littlepool yawned as she sat with Owlwing sharing tongues. Owlwing had been busy with learning the herbs. Recently the RiverClan medicine cat had been helping Owlwing learn the herbs. As Littlepool and Owlwing had finished their sharing tongue session the border patrol padded into the camp with four other cats behind them. Two of them were kits, and the other two were probably their parents.

The small she jumped up and padded over to them, "Who are they?" Littlepool asked, tilting her head at them. Boulderspring rolled his eyes refusing to tell her anything, Dogface huffed, "Riverclanners, they've asked to join." Littlepool's eyes lit up, "Really! I'll go get my dad!" She squealed then turned around to rush to Coldeye's den.

Coldeye lay in his den curled up. "Coldeye!" She called for her father, "We have some cats who are looking to join." Coldeye sighed before getting up, his joints ached but he ignored it. He shook his pelt before following Littlepool out of the den. Dogface and Boulderspring glared at each other, Dogface didn't like Boulderspring's attitude Boulderspring had mutual feelings.

The dark ginger and his mate the tortoiseshell dipped their heads. Their kits just stared up at the leader with huge blue eyes. "Your names." Coldeye interrogated. "Brokenspirit." The dark ginger tom answered, "Fishstar gave me this ugly name." He spat his voice filled with hatred. Coldeye was a bit taken aback by his tone.

"Spottedbreeze, I was lucky enough to not get a ceremony from her." She huffed, flicking her ear. "These two are Blazekit and Foxkit, I was forced to name my she-kit fox because she didn't like how she looked," Spottedbreeze growled, Foxkit frowned and lowered her head. Littlepool stared at the kit before squeaking, "Foxkit is pretty! Her beautiful fur reminds me of fire! The pretty kind, you'll make a beautiful warrior, you'll have all the toms wrapped around your paw!" Littlepool complimented the kit and touched noses which surprised all of them. "Littlepool, reframe from scaring them." Littlepool smiled, "I'm not wrong!"

"Since my deputy has taken a liking to you I'll allow you to stay, Brokenspirit. You will begin your warrior duties here, like you had at RiverClan." Brokenspirit nodded, "Will you give me a new name?" Coldeye froze, then turned to look at him. "A new name?" Brokenspirit nodded, "Yes sir."

"I will think of something, for now rest and eat, you look malnourished." The two dipped their heads then grabbed their kits and headed over after Littlepool.

Littlepool padded through the forest with Brokenspirit and Daffodiltail. Littlepool was silent, Daffodiltail was worried about the deputy, and her friend was rarely silent. She was always yapping or yowling about something. "Fishstar seems weird." Daffodiltail and Brokenspirit froze. "What?" Daffodiltail muttered, "Fishstar was nice to us but she seemed weird when she looked at Wispflicker and her warriors." Daffodiltail stared at Littlepool's head. "That's why we left Riverclan." Brokenspirit huffed. "How was she?" Littlepool asked, turning toward Brokenspirit. Brokenspirit went silent collecting his thoughts. "She was harsh, a little too harsh. She'd make the apprentices battle each other with unsheathed claws in battle training. " He explained, his eyes full of hatred. "She made the apprentices battle to get their warrior ceremony. It was either forfeit or death or you give up." Littlepool stayed silent staring at the moor.

The small cat started to walk again, still silent. Deep in thought, Daffodiltail and Brokenspirit glanced at each other. "Littlepool, are you okay?" Littlepool hummed and nodded. "Fine." She cleared her throat. "We-""TRESPASSERS!" A yowl was heard, and Daffodiltail rushed over and snarled at three cats. The three cats were all magged and beaten up. Littlepool froze staring at them, they were small and young. Too young at that. "Wait- Please!" One of them spoke up, his leg bloody. "We've just gotten into a fight with Windclan, please allow us to take shelter here." The speckled brown tom muttered, his voice shaky. Littlepool glanced at Daffodiltail and nipped at her. Causing Daffodiltail to wince and back away. "Why of course you can! I'm Littlepool, the deputy of Oasisclan." She smiled, her tail flicking with anger. Daffodiltail gulped before keeping in her place. "Let's head back." She smiled and then led the way back to camp.