Chapter 19

Stood at the top of the rock, she had called for a meeting earlier to call for ceremonies. "Ravenpaw and Cinderpaw you both have finished your training and are ready for your warrior ceremonies." She cleared her throat.

 "I, Littlestar, leader of OasisClan, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down upon these apprentices, they have trained hard to understand your noble code and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn."

 She then leaped off the rock and padded to Ravenpaw. "Ravenpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Raveneye. StarClan honors your skill in hunting and we welcome you as a warrior."

 She then went to Cinderpaw. "Cinderpaw, you will be known as Cinderstorm. StarClan honors your perseverance and integrity and we welcome you as full-time warriors of OasisClan."

 She then stepped back. Owlwing padded forth. "Crowpaw has also finished his training and is now welcomed as OasisClan's newest medicine cat, he's now known as Crowtail," Littlestar announced as Owlwing mouthed the words.

"And with that Clan dismissed." With that, everyone began their jobs. Daffodiltail started up patrols, and Spottedbreeze sat in the clearing coughing. Owlwing was over there with Crowtail listening to her chest. Crowtail padded over. "We have Whitecough starting up, Spottedbreeze will be inside the medicine den until she's cured." Littlestar nodded. "Alright." They then escorted Spottedbreeze into their medicine den.

Littlestar sighed, Hawkstorm's words were still haunting her mind. If he wants me to be selfish he'll get selfish. Suddenly Waspstar and her deputy padded into the camp with Blazeclaw, Oriolestripe, and Koifish. "Waspstar wants to speak to you, Littlestar." Littlestar glared at Waspstar before nodding. "Follow me." She then turned and padded into her den with Waspstar following.

"I've come to ask for help," Littlestar tilted her head, "Recently ShadowClan has declared war against WindClan, and we lack warriors so are you willing to help us?" Littlestar stared at Waspstar. Littlestar scoffed before standing up, "That's WindClan's problem is it not? I remember you scolding me for being too kind. So get out of my camp and ask another clan who cares." She spat, then padded out of her den with a scowl. Daffodiltail padded up, "What's wrong?" She asked. "OasisClan will not be aiding WindClan in any of their affairs! My clan comes first and we will not fight a battle that isn't ours!" She announced, Foxshadow frowned. "But! OasisClan is about being kind and helpful to other clans-"

Littlestar hissed at Foxshadow. "I will put my clan first! OasisClan will not go into battle." Waspstar glared at Littlestar. "What I meant was to keep your clan safe not be petty and push away potential allies!" Littlestar's fur bristled. "Get out! OasisClan doesn't need Windclan's help." She glanced at Chamomiletuft, frowning she cleared her throat. "I'm... Doing my best to be selfish, so just leave!" She spat. Waspstar's eyes widened. "Hawkstorm put that into your head, didn't he? That traitor!" She hissed. Littlestar hissed. "Hawkstorm told me the truth, if I continue to allow my clan to be kind and helpful we'll only be used and thrown away when we're in need!" Chamomiletuft gasped. "That isn't true! We'd repay that debt without hesitation if you help us!" She hissed. Littlestar glared. "Then why didn't you help stand up for me when Drizzlestar and Robinwing kept coming at us during those gatherings?" Chamomiletuft flinched, "I.. I.." Littlestar glared at the ground.

"We'll survive Leafbare without any blood spill. OasisClan will not aid Windclan." She then turned away. "Keep those apprentices and warriors away from my borders too." Waspstar and Chamomiletuft flinched at Littlestar's harsh tone, even her clan was dumbfounded by her tone. Daffodiltail frowned at Littlestar but sighed. Wolfpaw watched this then rolled his eyes, Coldpaw stared at his brother and then padded to the nursery to fix the brambles.