Chapter 8

Coldeye watched his daughter speak to the other deputies, Waspstar and Jaguarstar spoke with each other, while he stayed out of it. He glanced over at Owlwing and she was speaking to Freckleivy and Padsky the Thunderclan and Windclan medicine cats.

Something caught his eye and he saw Shadowclan making their way into the slope of Fourtrees. His heart pounded quickly. There was Drizzlestar, the dark gray tom, his eye scarred from a claw wound. Once Drizzlestar had seen Coldeye, the tom's eyes grew with anger and shock. "WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!?" The ShadowClan leader yowled the question, his fur bristling. Rapid-dusk the deputy stepped forward and snarled at Coldeye. Another cat stepped forward with another behind her. She had beautiful red fur and her striking hazel eyes. Coldeye froze, his scent reeked with grief. Littlepool smells her father's mood change. She stood up and glanced at her father.

"So you've finally decided to show your face again?" The ginger she-cat spoke up her striking hazel eyes narrowed. Drizzlestar growled glaring at Coldeye. Spottedbreeze and her mate stood up, they knew the full story since they were alive when ShadowClan had told the clans about Coldeye's exile.

Daffodiltail growled, Owlwing watched her body shrinking as she got ready to spring. The other medicine cats were shocked at her sudden aggression. Dogface kept close to Littlepool's side while the apprentices reeked of fear and Boulderspring watching.

"Robinwing," Coldeye muttered, his voice filled with hurt, Littlepool's heart ached at her father's tone. The old dark tom jumped off the rock and padded toward the she-cat with a sad smile. "How is Ashkit? Has he become a warrior?" Robinwing's fur bristled, raising a claw she sliced his cheek. Littlepool's breath stopped for a second... Did she hit my father? Her eyes grew wide with anger, Chamomiletuft stood up, "Calm yourself Littlepool." She mewed softly, "If your father felt threatened he'd already have Robinwing down." Shredtail scoffed, "Please he's old, what'll he do."

"SHUT IT!" Littlepool snapped, her claws unsheathing. "Father! Why are you letting her strike you so easily?" She questioned running up to him with worry-filled eyes.

Coldeye stayed silent, his eyes low. Robinwing stared at Drizzlestar then back at Littlepool, "Is this my kit? Or did you kill her?" Spat Robinwing, Littlepool dug her claws into the ground. Owlwing growled going to her side along with Daffodiltail.

"This is our kit," Coldeye mumbled, still in shock. "She's grown up to be a great warrior..." He cleared his throat, "How is Ashkit?" The dark gray tom made his appearance. "Ashpelt." He corrected, "I'm great actually. My father Drizzlestar raised me well." Ashpelt hissed. Littlepool glared at Ashpelt. "That's my littermate?" Coldeye nodded. "Yes, he is." Robinwing huffed, "How have you been my sweet kit?" Robinwing changed her tone of voice to a sweet one. "Has he hurt you? Do you know what he's done to your home?" Robinwing questioned, rubbing her cheek against Littlepool's.

"Your father tried to kill our medicine cat. He took you from your rightful father and your beloved mother. Your brother grew up without a sister... Do you see my beloved daughter? He took you from happiness." Robinwing smiled at Littlepool. Littlepool was silent, her eyes glossy.

"You're wrong..." Robinwing frowned then stepped back startled by Littlepool's harsh tone. "My father wouldn't harm anyone unless they tried to hurt him." Her voice was deep. "No less he wouldn't kill anyone unless they harmed me." She spat. Headbutting Robinwing causing the she-cat to stumble back.

"That medicine cat has a foul mindset to them. Which is probably why he framed Coldeye!" She spat, Drizzlestar growled rushing at Littlepool. She kept her ground letting him tackle her. She quickly gained her footing and stood straight. "Threaten my father again and I might just take your lives." She hissed, "You should ask Fishstar how she lost her 8th life." She smirked, her eyes cold and stern.