In A Heartbeat (33)

This a work of fiction. The characters, the scenes, the settings, and the plot are products of the writer's imagination and inspiration, and are used fictitiously. Any commonality to actual events, place, or people, either dead or alive, is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved. This story serves as a property of the author. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Copyright © 2014 by crystalkhlaire

☆★★☆

Chapter 33

B L A N K  S P A C E

Haemin's POV

My life seems surrounded by constant darkness. It feels like floating above the ground but instead of seeing blue skies, I can see nothing.

Am I dead?

I can't grasp how I ended up being here.

Suddenly, I felt prickles across my arm. It's like thousand ants biting my skin. I want to scream from the sensation.

'It's gonna be alright'

I heard someone say. The voice.....It's been a long time since I heard a sound.

I felt a stinging bite, involuntarily prying my eyes open.

I figured that it's been a long time since I woke up because when I opened my eyes, I was momentarily blinded by the light.

"Oh thank God, Haemin! You're finally awake!" My mom sobbed uncontrollably before grabbing me for a hug.

I was still in daze. What the hell happened?

I scanned the people in the room. I was in the hospital, with my close friends huddling over me, worry expressions undisguised.

"What happened?" I managed to croak out.

Jieun unnie looks like she wanted to say something but hesitated.

Then all of a sudden, I remembered the accident.

"Where's Jungkook? Where's Jimin?" I stood up. Bad move. My feet felt like Jell-O.

"Haemin! Calm down. They're alright" Ren rushed to my side and helped me back to bed.

"We were caught in accident and Jungkook was driving and some truck almost killed us but then..." I blabbered, tears falling from my eyes.

Oh no....

"Shhhh....It's alright. Everyone's fine except for you. I thought you're gonna leave us!" Jaehyun unnie wiped my tears.

"I'm not gonna leave you all" I managed a smile.

"Are you really okay hon? Should I call the doctor?" My mom asked.

"No, it's okay. I'm really fine. Where is Jungkook and Jimin?" I asked.

At that moment I saw them enter the room with grim expressions.

"What? Why the sad faces? I'm alive guys!" I smiled to them.

They walked towards my way with a forced smile.

Something is definitely wrong here.

"Jagiya" I said as I hugged Jungkook.

Silence descended in the room.

What?

"Wha-what did you just say?" Taehyung asked.

"Jagiya?" I said, confused.

"To Jungkook?" Yoongi added.

"Well duh! Is it wrong to call my boyfriend that?" Now I heard some audible gasps.

Seriously, they're freaking me out.

"Can you remember everything, Haemin-ah?" Jieun whispered.

I rolled my eyes at her. "This isn't a sweet flick movie where I had an amnesia. Of course I remember you all! I'm a part of kpop group called Sparkling. I am the maknae and rapper with a kick-ass boyfriend, Jungkook. And Jaehyun unnie just married Jin oppa while Jieun unnie is doing great with Sehun and her musical. Me, Jungkook and Jimin just debuted as a colab group and then the accident happened and-"

"Oh no this is bad" I was stopped when Ren muttered.

"What?! Seriously guys!" I snapped.

"I've got one last question" Jimin, who was silent the whole time, said.

I stared at him.

"Do you know how long you've been out?"

"Yeah, like a couple of days" I said.

"No, you were in a comatose state for a year!" Namjoon oppa said.

What?!

"And I'm the one who married Jin!" Jieun unnie perked up.

I'm confused. My head started to pound really hard.

"And I'm Sehun's girlfriend!" Jaehyun said.

"And I'm not your boyfriend, Jimin hyung is" I heard Jungkook said.

I hold my head with both of my hands as I groan to the growing pain.

"Guys, stop!" Jimin said as he gave a call to the nurse.

"You're gonna be alright" I heard him whisper as I slip into unconsciousness.

☆☆☆

Jimin's POV

"She had a brain concussion that can lead into internal bleeding" the doctor said solemnly.

"Wha-what do you mean?" Mrs. Lee held back her tears.

"Because of the accident, Haemin gained some brain injuries that are quiet serious. I think you all have already observed some signs such as mixed up memories and headaches. These headaches can be triggered when you say something that is not the same as the way she remembers and when she thinks too hard. This will lead into internal bleeding and it would be fatal to her" the doctor explained.

My heart felt like it was twisted many time. How can Haemin suffer like this?

"What should we do doc?" Jieun choked back a tear.

"We'll observe her for a few months. It's probably the best if she doesn't know that her memories are mixed up"

"What do you mean by that?!" Jin asked.

"I'm asking you to act the way she remembers everything. It's just for a few months before we'll proceed to her surgeries"

"WHAT?!"