In A Heartbeat (20)

This a work of fiction. The characters, the scenes, the settings, and the plot are products of the writer's imagination and inspiration, and are used fictitiously. Any commonality to actual events, place, or people, either dead or alive, is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved. This story serves as a property of the author. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Copyright © 2014 by crystalkhlaire

☆★★☆

Chapter 20

L I S T E N

Jimin's POV*

"My mom wants me to marry her..." I said solemnly as I looked down, afraid to see Haemin cry.

But she uttered a bitter laugh.

"You want me to believe that? For pete's sake, Jimin, is that the only excuse you could give me?" Haemin growled in frustration.

Light breeze touched my cheeks as I stare at the horizon. We are at the beach together with the workers and other artists under BigHit Entertainment. It's like a party though I don't know why the CEO throwed it.

After several attempts, I managed to drag Haemin out of the public to talk to her. I should've known, dragging Haemin is like controlling an untamed horse. I want to tell her everything, to tell her I love her. After Jungkook's declaration of war, I'm not backing out. I'm not a type of guy who just gives up.

"Jieun unnie was supposed to be in my place. Somehow, my mother wants one of us to marry her bestfriend's children. I can't let that happen to her. I wouldn't want her to suffer. As much as I love my mom, I'm still loathful to her, for dragging us into this mess" I reasoned out, grasping Haemin's hands into mine.

She flinched from the sudden contact and pulled her hand away, which hurts me.

"I can't believe your making a fun of me, Jimin-ssi. Whose parents would let their children marry at the age of 20?! And you! You're an idol! Don't you know it could ruin your image, as much as the image of your co-members?!" Haemin spatted.

"My mother does... even though my father is against it, he can't do nothing about it because mom always overpowers him. I'm left with no choice. Either me or noona" I said, a single tear fell from my eye which I wiped immedietly so that Haemin wouldn't catch it.

I'm frustrated as well as her. Who wouldn't be?? I'm still 20 and my mom, my own mother, is already sending me off to marry someone who I don't even know, worse, I don't love. I want to say no but I'm afraid what would happen to Jieun noona.

Haemin stared at me for awhile. Brows ceased, her fingers on her chin, thinking deeply.

After a moment of silence, she sighed heavily.

"Fine, I'll forgive you" she said, relief washes all over me. Then she walked away but I grabbed her hand.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"I'm going back there. I already forgave you so there's no point of talking to you in private" she shrugged her shoulders.

"I decided to cancel the wedding" I said, my eyes bored to her.

"Does Jieun unnie know about this?" She asked.

"No, but I'm planning to tell her later" I replied.