In A Heartbeat (12)

This a work of fiction. The characters, the scenes, the settings, and the plot are products of the writer's imagination and inspiration, and are used fictitiously. Any commonality to actual events, place, or people, either dead or alive, is entirely coincidental.

All rights reserved. This story serves as a property of the author. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

Copyright © 2014 by crystalkhlaire

☆★★☆

Chapter 12

A    S C O P E    O F    L O V E
&    H E A R T A C H E S

Haemin's POV*

I stuffed my face with ice cream while sobbing.

"Yah! I told you already to stop from crying!" Ren my ever-so-loyal bestfriend, scolded me.

"But it hurts! Why do guys are like that?! First, it was Jimin then now, Minwoo? Why? Am I not that pretty enough? Tell me, Ren! Tell me!" I wailed.

We're here at our dorm. Both Ren and I don't have schedules. When I told Ren I'm upset, he immedietly went here and brought a big tube of ice cream... Awww...I'm touched.

"For the record, you're the prettiest girl in Korea. And you shouldn't have given away your feelings that easily" Ren said, wiping my tear-stained face with a tissue.

"Yah! Are you calling me easy-to-get?" I said, taken aback.

"No, but you're a bit delusional, I mighy say" he said.

"I'm not delusional. I'm just a big-hearted person" I said, defending myself.

"Yes, you have a big heart but where did it led you? You, stuffing yourself with ice cream and crying your eyes out!" Ren said.

"I just want to find a boyfriend. You know, experience those chick-flick movies and fall in love" I said in a small voice.

"Well, there are other things that you have to prioritize like your career, but if you want a boyfriend, I'm here!" Ren laughed, trying to make me laugh.

I slapped his arm playfully.

"Drop it" I said sternly.

"Okay, okay, I'll drop it for now, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop " he said as he continued eating his ice cream.

It's already 8 days since the day Minwoo started texting me. We went out every now and then, and one time we hang out with my unnies. I thought there's something between us but no, the goddess of love seems to hate me and been cruel to me lately. Like I just want to shout: Hey! I want to fall in love too!

First, I fell in love with my Jieun unnie's brother, Jimin. I thought he have the same feelings for me but unluckily, he just sees me as a little sister.

I was hurt and cried a lot but I recovered quickly because of Minwoo. I was starstrucked and started to have a little crush on him.

Who wouldn't fall in his charms when his all-time sweet on you? Text you the moment you wake up and then talk to you even when he's really busy.

But one major turn-off: He likes Jaehyun unnie. Everytime we talk, he always asks about unnie, even when we had dinner here at our dorm last friday, he's always talking to Jaehyun unnie.

Just another asshole....

Then just yesterday, when we went to a park, he told me that he likes unnie and is making a move on her, like what the hell? Is he really saying that to me?

After he told me, I ran away and changed my number.

And because of that, here I am, eating my ice cream with my best friend. Such a nice life...

"Well, you know, you shouldn't cry about things like this. There are other things that are more important like your career" Ren said again.

"Don't you think I know that?" I growled.

"I know. I'm just saying that you shouldn't pour all your emotions if you're not sure that the other party have the same feeling. You know what I mean?" Ren said.

I sighed.

"Fine... You know, you really sounded like Oprah right now" I laughed.

His face turned into a disgusted one.

"Not in the million years" he sneered.

I laughed at his expression.

••••

(A U T H O R ' S  N O T E)

Just a short update because I have already given you a treat last sunday!!! (I updated 4 chapters in a day!!!)

Fan, Vote, Comment and if you have instagram or twitter accounts, you can follow me @crystalkhlaire. DM me and I'll follow you back :)

Annyeong!
haemin1276♥