Chapter 1: No, No, and Yes

Beyoncé POV:

I sat down in front of the mirror in my dressing room waiting to be called up for our performance at the Apollo.

I had the radio softly playing in the background as I warmed up my voice as I usually do.

I suddenly heard a knock at the door and ran over to check to see if it was time. My guess was right and I thanked the stage manager before going back to the mirror and checking to make sure I looked good.

All the girls had on orange camo like outfits. Mine was short and cut into a a halter dress and I wore chunky black platforms. My hair was fluffed out in a curly afro.

Once I felt I looked good enough I joined the girls on stage behind the curtain micing up and getting in our positions.

"Kells I'm getting nervous. What if I mess up and ruin it?" I said to Kelly who began smiling and placed a soft hold on my hand.

"You'll be amazing B! We've practiced this for hours. It's only one song, which you know by heart. You for this girl!" Kelly always knew the right thing to say when someone doubted themselves. She had a gift for that.

I nodded my head and smiled as I got back in place. Once all the stage workers hurried off stage I knew it was time so I closed my eyes telling myself some motivational phrases in my head.

Once I opened my eyes again the curtains were up and a mixture of voices began to scream. Quickly their screams were covered by the beat of the song.

Following the beat me and the girls began singing. "You'll be sayin' no, no, no, no, no
When it's really yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

It was now my time to sing solo so I took a few steps forward and started singing once again.
"Boy, I know you want me I can see it in your eyes
But you keep on frontin'
Won't you say what's on your mind
'Cause each and every time you need me
You give me signs
But when I ask you what's the deal
You hold it all inside"

I was now comfortable so I began walking to each side of the stage as I continued singing my part.

"If you wanna be with me
You gotta keep it real
Tell me what's goin' on
Tell me how you feel
Boy I know you want me just as much as I want you
So come and get my love
It's all here for you"

Once my first solo verse was over the girls and I  began singing once again . "You'll be sayin' no, no, no, no, no. When it's really yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah" Our voice were blending together so amazingly and the crowd was loving it.

Before I knew it the song was coming to an end, meaning we had one more verse.

"You'll be sayin' no, no, no, no, no
When it's really yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Then the crowd began clapping and cheering for us. We took a small bow and thanked the crowd before waving away and the curtain dropping away.

"We did it girls! They loved us!" I exclaimed to the girls and then we all began jumping and giggling like little girls.

"How did we get here y'all?" Michelle asked while stills smiling.

I pushed a strand of hair out my face then caught my breath before answering her question. "Hours of working our asses off. Excuse my language but it's the truth."

We all began walking back to our rooms to pack up and leave. The thought of how we got here was stilling hanging over me proudly. We had been singing together since we nine dancing around our houses annoying are families. Now we were singing in front of hundreds of fans sometimes even thousands.