Chapter 18: Finale and Birthdays

Beyoncés POV:

The last year had been highlight of my career. My tour was more than successful, reaching 10x the profit we first expected. I was more than grateful.

Michael and was still going strong, but something began to feel off. He was more distant over the last week or two. He didn't call after shows as much which was a huge sign.

I had been back in the states enjoying my break before the last hit show. My final concert of this tour, in my home state Texas. I had a few events I had to attend but nothing major.

I was sitting on my bed wondering if I should call Michael. I wanted to talk to him before tonight, we both know how important this was to me. But I pushed my clingy emotions aside and focused on what was important.

To some people birthdays was a huge event, but for me it wasn't. Being that my birthday was today, the concert felt much more important. I could celebrate any other time but the people who are coming tonight paid money to see me perform. So performing is what I intend on doing.

A couple hours had gone by and I needed to leave the hotel to make it to the stadium on time. My guess being we weren't going to be there on time like normal.

Instead of being greeted by my stylist, it was my mother, sister, and the whole jackson crew. I rushed out the car and made my way over to them, giving everyone a hug and thank you.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked while walking them backstage.

"Well baby we couldn't miss your last concert, and it's your birthday. You should spend it with your family." My mother answered.

I kept looking around expecting to see Michael but he never peaked out the crowd. Mrs.Katherine must had picked up on why I kept looking around. "I'm sorry baby, he couldn't make it. He sent his apologies."

I nodded and my smile disappeared. I sat down in my chair and the hair stylist and makeup artist came over to begin their work.

Michael not being here really hurt, I was hoping he would have made it. But maybe he just got tied up, or maybe he wasn't feeling the best. Either way I planned on calling him after the show to check up on him.

I finished getting glammed up and walked everyone over to their section. I wanted to finally get alone so I could clear my head.

I was pacing the stage doing vocal warmups then the time for the concert finally came. I was being lifted into the air different than all the other performances. I'm going to be hitched by my ankles upside down the. descend down onto a white couch.

I heard the music begin to play then I felt myself being lowered down. I lip synced to the words until I reached the couch and was handed a microphone.

I was pouring my heart into this performance, to me even more than usual. I had this feeling burning inside of me knowing Mike wasn't here, he made me want to do even beyond amazing so he would feel bad.

I'm never someone to make someone jealous but in this case I had something lighting inside me. I had to do something to make it go away, and making him jealous was certaily the thing.

I was reaching the end of my second act. I had just changed into my new outfit, sparkly silver dress with feathers on the bottom.

I had just finished my 'Dangerously in Love, when instead of the lights dimming down and I exit, I saw a figure appear

I had just finished my 'Dangerously in Love, when instead of the lights dimming down and I exit, I saw a figure appear. It was a very very sexy Michael walking towards me.

He was wearing his a black military style jacket with a gold pin and a white undershirt. His pants matched his jacket and he had on black heel boots, and of course his signature black Ray-bans.

My fave was star struck watching him walk out on stage, especially with a huge birthday cake with my name written on the top

"Hey Bey, you weren't expecting me huh?"
He spoke into a microphone with a mischievous smirk.

I covered my face with my hands then he walked over and lifted then down. "Hey guys help me sing happy birthday to the most gorgeous woman on the planet, the woman of my dreams."

With the commotion of hundreds of cheers he began singing. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Beyoncé."

He smiled as he paused and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Happy birthday to youuuu."

I pulled him close wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him into give him a kiss. I then laid my head on his shoulder. "I love you Mikey."

He whispered back into my ear. "I love you more bumble bee."

I walked hand off stage with Michael. smiling and waving towards the fans. I hurried to get changed and go back on stage to finish the last song.

I was on top of the stairs with my right arm in the air making a fist. Right as the beat dropped I dropped as well then stood back up. Everyone went crazy for the song 'Crazy in Love'. Luckily I don't have to perform it with jack ass.

I walked the stairs as the song continued to play and stopped at the end then stopped at the end. "You ready?" I asked the audience.

I began popping my butt to my voice saying 'oh-oh'. "Texas 1,2,3,4!"

"I look and stare so deep in your eyes
I touch on you more and more every time
When you leave I'm begging you not to go
Call your two, three times in a row
Such a funny thing for me to try to explain
How i'm feeling and pride is the one to blame
Yeah' cause I know I don't understand
Just how your love can do it no else can"

I counties the rest of the song then once it finally finished I thank all the fans for coming and wish them safe travels.

"I love you, no I love you!" I said pointing while jogging off stage.

Once I returned back stage and in my room I saw Michael waiting on me. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I hugged him so tight so he couldn't go anywhere.

I stood there hugging him for a good solid five minutes. The whole he was kissing my head and rubbing my back. Once I pulled back a tear ran down my face.

"What's wrong baby?"

"You! I can't believe that you would do this for me. I didn't think you wanted to talk to me or was even going to be here."

He rubbed his fingers across my face. "Why would I miss it? I had to let you expect I wasn't going to show up to make the surprise better."

"And you called me bubble bee. That's a new one. You must have so many hidden names I don't know about."

"I sure do baby." Michael sitting down then pulling me to sit on his lap. "You're just at the beginning of all of em too."

I pulled Michael back into my arms and hugged him even more tighter. I did miss him, being away felt wrong. I never wanted to go back to us being apart. I truly did love Michael, nothing could tell me otherwise.