Ch 1 Pt 5: EKUSUPUROOJION!! (REWRITTEN)

Megumin: "Explosion's the strongest offensive spell. On the other hand, it has a long casting time. Please keep that frog at bay until I'm ready."

[Y/N]: "So are they Giant Frogs or Giant Toads? Can you please make up your mind?"

We decided that our targets would be the Giant Toads, or Frogs. I don't even know myself.

Kazuma: "Please target the frog further away. As for the nearer one..."

He then looked at me and Aqua.

Kazuma: "Hey, let's go, you two. We'll avenge ourselves this time. You're a former goddess, right? How about showing what you're made of? And [Y/N], you made such a fuss about your 'Stand', but all you've done is use it for construction. Now's your time to show it."

[Y/N]: "Yeah yeah, im planning on doing just that. I'm just curious to see how strong this 'Explosion' really is."

Aqua: "Hey! What do you mean by 'former'? I'm a current goddess! My position of an Archpriest is just a disguise!"

The archwizard then looked at the two of them in confusion.

Megumin: "...Goddess?"

Kazuma: "Just a pitiful woman claiming to be a goddess. She'll say stuff like this from time to time, so please don't mind her."

Aqua was on the verge of tears (as usual) and charged toward the nearer frog in frustration with her fist clenched.

Aqua: "You're just frogs that are strong against physical attacks! Let me show you the power of a goddess! Kazuma, watch this carefully! I haven't done anything great yet, but I'll definitely succeed today!"

[Y/N]: "So are we going to just call them frogs now?"

That was (probably) the last thing she heard before she was oh-so graciously greeted into the frog's mouth.

Suddenly, I saw that the sky had gotten darker.

I looked around to find out that it was coming from Megumin. She started to recite her incantation louder, causing beads of sweat to appear on her forehead.

Even someone as inexperienced as me and Kazuma, who are just beginners in magic, could tell that she was about to perform an incredibly impressive spell.

"Watch closely; this is the strongest attack spell known to humans... The ultimate attack spell." She stated. I could tell from her tone and the background that she wasn't joking.

The orb at the end of her staff started to glow. It appeared tiny, but the light was so intense that it could almost blind anyone.

As the archwizard's eye shone a bright red light, she shouted:

"EXPLOSION!"

The light emitted from the tip of Megumin's staff shot forward, hitting the frog approaching us!