5 Slow Dance II

"I knew I would find you here," I say as I walk into the arcade where Liv and I spent plenty of nights while in college

She's getting shots up on her favorite game and I can't help but to notice the intense look on her face before I join.

She wins by a landslide and finally turns to look me in my eyes.

"I can't believe you walked away from me tonight," she says frustratedly. "That shit hurt like hell, Spencer!"

I sigh because I'm embarrassed by my behavior tonight. But my ego was bruised when I walked into that dance and saw Liv slow dancing with another man.

"I'm sorry about that," I admit as I raise her chin for better eye contact. I need her to know that I genuinely feel bad for leaving her standing alone. "I was upset and really didn't have the right words to say at that time. That's why I've been riding around for hours thinking about you—- thinking about us——"

"I understand what you saw must've looked terrible tonight, but you know I would never do that to you." She starts to tear up and I do too. "I love you, Spencer! I've been in love with you since the day I first laid my eyes on you and no one walking this green earth will change that—- not my co-worker, not a super model, and damn sure not Kofi."

"I'm sorry, baby." I try to comfort her with a hug, but she moves away. "I know it wasn't that! I just let my ego get in the way—-"

"Do you even realize why I'm here?" She asks as she wipes her tears and I grow confused by her question. "—-do you know why I'm here at this arcade tonight—- and why I come here so often?"

"You like pop-a-shot?" I sort of joke and she rolls her eyes.

"The other day, you asked me why I love this place so much and then you went on to brag about your basement being bigger than this place. But you don't get it!"

"Tell me what I don't get, Liv!" I say firmly as she gathers tears on the tip of her finger.

"Spencer, you said this place isn't special anymore, but it's special to me because of you. It's the first place we went, together, back when we first met. It's basically where we had our first date! This is where I feel closest to you. I need this when I miss you, Spencer. This is where we started. It's special as hell to me. And I'm afraid you've forgotten how special you are to me."