11 | Get Up

I've had my phone on do not disturb for the past two days

But today, Kia returns from her vacation and the least I can do is tidy up our condo before she walks in and sees dishes, tissues, and laundry everywhere.

I play music and over-do it with the scented plug-ins before vacuuming the carpet and emptying the garbage.

"Why don't we have a trash-chute?" I question myself before sliding on my Crocs and walking to the elevator.

When I get outside, I walk to the alley and toss the bag before making my way back to the lobby before waiting by the elevator for it to open.

"Delivery for Ms. Olivia Baker," a guy with bushy hair and a polo shirt says as he carefully sets a large vase with flowers decorated inside.

I scrunch my face, knowing they're from Spencer.

In less than 48 hours, he's sent four bouquets of flowers and three DoorDash deliveries with all of my favorite things.

"I'll take them," I say before signing.

"Oh shit! What's going on? Is it you and Spencer's anniversary?" I hear Kia before turning to see her standing with her suitcase in-hand.

I'm actually really happy to see her. I mean, aside from re-runs of The Office, The View, and 9-1-1, I've been bored out of my mind.

"I wish," I mumble as we catch the elevator and she takes the card in the flowers to read for herself.

"I'm sorry, Olivia. I promise my communication, from here on out, will be better!" She says before her lip lowers and eyes bulge in confusion. "What the hell did Spencer do?"

"Besides lie like a rug? Nothing!"

"Lie about what?"

"He failed to tell me he offered his gold-digging assistant a room in his house to keep her safe from some guy she allegedly owes $500,000 to." I blurt out as we walk back into our condo.

"You're lying? How long was she there for?"

"He claims not long. Just a day or so. But he also admitted he wasn't sure if he was even going to tell me about it. He just figured he could handle it." I recall as I roll my eyes.

"Exactly how was he planning to 'handle it'? Please tell me he wasn't about to pay a half of a million dollars to save-a-hoe?" Kia shares my sentiments and I kiss my teeth.

"Now do you understand the reason for the flowers?" I ask and she gags.

"Men are so stupid!" She frowns as she walks around the counter full of all of the things Spencer has sent. "But he's on point with the DoorDash!"

I laugh as she helps herself.

"None of this would be necessary if he would've just talked to me," I respond as I sit next to her at the kitchen counter.