The feeling of love

TW:

CUSSING

CRINGE

Giyuus POV:

Sanemi asked me to hang out with him. I said yes. I had a crush on him for a really long time. But he seemed to hate me. I don't know why he wanted to hang out. I was planning on asking him out. I'm meeting him at *** tonight at 8:00. I've never been there before. It looks nice though. I'm planning on wearing a blue kimono with geta. Shinobu even came here to help me pick my outfit.

★★★

It was time. It was 7:45. I went out to the place he asked to meet up. I saw him there. Sanemi was  sitting at a table for two. He smiled and waved at me. I've never seen him smile a genuine smile. I waved back at him. I walked towards him and sat at the table he was sitting at. "Hello..." I said awkwardly.

"Hi." Sanemi replied.

He was wearing a green kimono with his chest exposed and geto. We were matching. Nice. Sanemi called the waiter over to our table and we ordered. Sanemi got ohagi and I got simmered salmon with daikon.

★★★

The night was over. He had asked me to meet again at the big cherry blossom tree tomorrow morning. "Cherry blossoms look prettier in the morning." Sanemi said.

FLASHBACK FROM THE HANGOUT

"I like your eyes." Sanemi said.

I hesitated for a moment. I thought of what to say. "I like your scars." I replied, eyeing his chest. (I smell gayness)

He blushed and looked away. (more  gayness)

FLASHBACK END

No one has ever complimented me about things I was born with since Sabito and Tsutako. I always thought love was a waste of time. I guess not. After he walked away, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Is this what love feels like? 

★★★

When I came home, I checked my phone. There were hundreds of notifications from Shinobu.

Bold = Shinobu

Normal = Giyuu

"WHAT THE FUCK TOOK YOU SO LONG!?!?"

"Maybe it was a long time cause we were eating at a restaurant."

"Jeez, how much did you and him eat?"

"That's rude"

"Whatever. HOW DID IT GO!?!?!"

"Fine. We're hanging out again tomorrow."

"OMG REALLY?!?!?!?"

"Yes. Now will you leave me alone?"

"Whatever. I'm just trying to help you."

I put my phone away and changed into my pajamas. I went to sleep after that.

★★★

I woke up the next morning. I looked at my alarm clock. It was 7:35. We had scheduled to meet at 10:00 so I was early. I got up to shower.

(TIME SKIP)

I was dressed up and ready. I was wearing a yukata with my zori. I went out at 9:45. I went to the spot he said to meet  up at.  He wasn't there yet. But there was a bench in front of the tree where I could sit. I sat down there. I waited a few minutes for him to come. About 10 minutes later, he came. "Sorry if I'm late." Sanemi said.

I've never heard him sound not-angry before. "It's fine..."  I replied.

He sat down next to me. An awkward silence passed. All you could hear were the birds chirping and the wind blowing (if that's possible). "Do you like cherry blossoms?" Sanemi asked, trying to have a conversation.

"Yeah..." I answered.

I caught a glimpse of Sanemi smiling. "Me too." He said as he turned to me.

I turned to him too. He was blushing like crazy. "So, uhm... I..." Sanemi said, his voice trailing off.

I saw him hiding something behind his back. "What do  you have?" I asked out of curiosity.

Sanemi looked away. "I... Have a.. crush on you..." He said as he stuck the hand hiding behind his back out, revealing a boquet of blue flowers. (I'M CRINGING SO HARD FOR SOME REASON PLEASE HELP ME)

I sat in shock. I never thought he would like me back. "I... I like you too..." I said as my mouth formed a soft smile.

Sanemi looked at me. He looked nervous and was blushing. I smiled at him.

★★★

Sorry again for the short  chapter. I also didn't really know what to write after the last line. If you didn't know, some of this was based on 'Valentine' By Laufey and 'Me and my husband' By Mitski. (MITSKI AND LAUFEY 4LIFE)