I wish...

It was the week after the final battle and the demon slayers had won. Giyuu figured that with his time left, he would finally ask Sanemi out. 

He had liked him for a while now, but Giyuu was worried that Sanemi would avoid him because they were both the same gender.

Giyuu had finally gathered enough courage to ask him. It wasn't like he had a choice, though. Giyuu and Sanemi's lives were limited. If Giyuu didn't ask Sanemi out now, he probably would never have a chance ever again.

</3

Giyuu asked Sanemi to meet at a place. He brought flowers and dressed up. Giyuu arrived first. He was wearing a blue yukata. His face was flushed. 

As he waited, Giyuu felt a mix of emotions. He felt eager and nervous. Giyuu just wished he could look into the future and see if Sanemi felt the same way as him. 

But that could never happen. All he could do was wait and see what would happen. Giyuu put both of his hands behind his back as he heard footsteps coming towards him. 

As expected, it was Sanemi. He was also wearing a yukata. "You wanted to see me, Tomioka?" Sanemi asked.

Giyuu paused for a moment, a million thoughts ran through his head. One of them was, "What should I say?" Suddenly, Giyuu snapped back to reality.

"O-oh." He studdered. "I wanted to tell you something." Giyuu said, before holding the bouquet of flowers out to Sanemi.

"I've liked you for a while now.... Do you... Feel the same way?" Giyuu asked.

Sanemi looked at him.

"I... I wish you were a girl."

</3

267 words