38

Childe returned to the hospital late that evening. After his questioning, Officer Wriothesley had offered him a ride back that he refused. Instead, he'd gone straight to the shops for cleaning supplies and then to the hotel to take care of the bodies while the sun was starting to rise.

Apparently, he replaced parts of the rug and wore a cleaning staff disguise to lug the bodies out in bags and disposed of them all morning with the Do Not Disturb sign hanging outside of the room door.

Childe's not used to being caught and may make mistakes in his story, but he truly is a professional at getting a job done and doing away with the evidence, so I trusted he'd made it fool proof.

It must have worked, because it's been two weeks since the incident and no sign of the police at our front door.

Thankfully, I only had to stay in the hospital for a few days to monitor my condition, before they let me go. I've been home ever since, recovering. We are, indeed, actually home now—It's evident they know where we live, so there's no sense in hiding. However, we are looking to move very soon.

Having to live everyday in fear that someone will come knocking on our door just won't do, so we've made a compromise that we will move from the house. However, where we move will be within decent traveling distance to the funeral parlor, and Xiao can still attend the same school with Aether. Lucky for us, we've got a place lined up that we'll be taking a look at this weekend with a realtor.

I wake up this morning with a small groan, turning over cautiously, as my eyes flutter open to meet the blue ones of my beautiful husband.

He smiles. "Morning baby."

I make a noise in response, shifting a bit closer to him. "Were you watching me sleep all night?" I tease.

He chuckles. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright," I say. "Feeling better everyday."

"That's good to hear," he says, then places a soft kiss on my lips.

I return it, pulling away gently. "You brushed your teeth," I say. "Good. Your morning breath can be quite overbearing."

"Shut up," he laughs, pushing my face away gently.

I chuckle, grabbing his wrist and moving it away as I reel him in for more kisses. I close my eyes, allowing my tongue to entangle with his, and let out a soft moan.

Childe returns the gesture, snaking his wrist from my hold and placing a hand on my waist. We stay like that for a bit, our mouths smacking sloppy against one another. I feel my mind clouding as I taste him. My hand rests against his chest, before fingers slowly start grazing the length of his bare flesh.

He moans quietly, then pulls his lips away. I nearly whine at the loss, lustful eyes hungry in his.
"Don't get carried away baby," he whispers, though he looks just as aroused as I do. "You're still recovering."

"I know something that will make me feel better," I whisper back against his lips.

"I don't want you to get hurt..." Childe says, but there's a hitch in his speech.

I smile. "Then be gentle this time."

Childe twitches, a long breath flowing from his lips and onto mine. His grip on my waist tightens. "Fuck... you know I want it... I really, really want it... But we also have a lot to do today and I don't want to tire you out too much. We have to take Freminet to get his cast taken off, then we have to go school shopping with the kids—"

I shut him up with my lips, tongue down his throat as I eat his mouth like I'm starving. He doesn't refuse, deep moans vibrating inside as he does the same. That hand on my waist rides up and down my side, until I roll onto my back and pull him on top of me.