Dark Rivalry Part 5

Reader is Trent Alexander Arnold's twin sister. The two have been inseparable since childbirth, more so now when Reader is fresh out of university looking for a job, crashing at her brother's place whilst doing so. One day Reader gets a job offer that she cannot refuse, however it would mean working for her brother's biggest rival in football, Ruben Dias.

Enjoy!

It was your birthday. Twenty-fifth to be exact. And yes, you were celebrating it in Liverpool, but not against your will.

"Happy birthday dear Y/N and Trent, happy birthday to youuuuu!"

It was a day you shared with another person. Your other half. For this reason you were quite excited to return home.

"Open them, open up your gifts!"

The celebration was held at Trent's apartment, surrounded by family and friends. Mostly, Trent's friends, since you didn't have nearly as many.

"A golden fly?" Trent frowned, as he pulled out the item that your parents had handed to him in a neatly wrapped package.

"For when Liverpool wins the league, son." Your dad winked. "Grandma is yet to finish your golden suit."

"Thank you, I guess." Trent muttered.

Everyone cheered and threw their heads back with laughter. Everyone but you.

"I swear to God if they got me the same gift..."

As twins it was almost a tradition that the two of you received identical gifts. You and Trent were always walking around with matching pajamas during the holiday season, and that was just last year.

Trent leaned closer to you and whispered. "Where is Whiskey when you need him?"

"Poor Whiskey." You sighed. "May he rest in peace in cat heaven."

Whenever there was a gift or toy that neither you or Trent liked, you would simply hand it over to your one eyed cat. Whiskey played with anything, destroying everything. Usually people would say that their dog ate their toy, however you and Trent had a cat that got the job done for you.

"How old was he when he died, like twenty?" Trent chuckled.

"I know, right? Cat's aren't supposed to live that long, are they?"

"Especially if they've only got one eye and ate Grandma's black beans for a living."

It was nice, laughing with Trent. Whilst the party was going on around you the two of you sat back on the couch, recalling childhood memories. At one point you forgot about your reasons for letting him off easy. You had forgotten to tell him about the great news. Luckily Trent reminded you himself.

"I heard you got a new job."

"Right, my job!" You exclaimed, as it all came to you, your reason for coming.

"Grandma said you were doing terrible at her shop anyway. I guess she is glad to get rid of you."

"I actually got a great job offer." You were grinning from the inside out, eager to tell Trent the news, simply because of the mind games it would cause. "You won't guess who I'm working..."

"Do tell." Trent stretched his arm behind the couch, pulling out a medium sized box with cut out holes in it. "But first open up my gift." He said, placing the box in your lap. Something was definitely moving inside of it.

"You got me something?" You frowned.

"Of course." He nodded. "Now open it, see what's inside."

He wasn't supposed to get you something. A pact made way back. As children you swore never to buy each other gifts because it was smarter to let other people do it for you, then trade the items later.