Adrien's POV Part 1

I couldn't see anything. I could hear gunshots all around me. The sound pulsing through my veins and my heart beating rapidly. Would I ever escape this life? Probably not. And honestly, did I even want to?

Then I heard a familiar scream that made my heart skip a beat- It was my sister.

I knew my father was cruel but I never thought- I tried not to think about it as I came closer to the fight. Armed as always. Then I saw her. My sister Liana, unconscious and bleeding. Her lips blue and skin pale. I felt my eyes sting and fill with water. What was this feeling? I had seen my sister cry but I had never experienced it myself. I didn't like it at all.

"ADRIEN." I heard my father call. I sucked up my feelings to avoid punishment and walked towards him.

"Her heart's still beating. Finish her off." He stated.

I couldn't... I usually felt joy in hurting people and watching people hurt but... this was different. She's my sister... I couldn't express these feelings to my father though, so I obeyed. I blocked out my emotions for what seemed to be the thousandth time, and I shot her twice more, right in the forehead.

"Great." My father laughed diabolically. I forced myself to laugh with him, as the laugh couldn't come naturally this time.

Was something wrong with me? Had I become weak? I'd never cried before, my father didn't allow crying, nor did I want to. My sister had cried before... Stop it. I thought to myself. Don't think of her, you'll do it again. I'll never do it again.