Rileys pov part 1

My parents had been screaming at each other for over an hour now. It was so

loud, scary, and just….I don’t know. Terrible wasn’t even a strong enough word for it.

My dad was an alcoholic. He’d go out, get drunk, come home, and scream at 

us. Us meaning me, and my mom. I had two older brothers as well. One of them was moved out, and the other had been missing for a while now. I missed him terribly. I needed him then more than ever.

I heard a loud bang, a crash, and a louder scream. More tears streamed 

down my face. 

Why did they have to do this? I wanted out, but I couldn’t.  

Then there was another even louder bang, then a crash. I heard my mom 

sobbing and crying. Then the front door slammed.

My mom quickly came into my room, and hugged me tightly.

“Riley?? Sweetie, are you okay? It’s alright now. He’s gone, and he’s not 

coming back anytime soon.” She said.

“o-okay mom-“ I stammered out, still crying.

“I’m going to call Linda, to see if you can stay with them for a few days. 

Sound good?” My mom asked my quietly.

I gave her a small nod.

Linda was my best friend’s Zander and Cam’s foster mother. Her husband,

John was abusive. But he was only there on weekends most of the time. And even though it wasn’t exactly great there, it would get my mind off things. And I could make sure Zander, and Cam were okay….and eating food. They both had a hard time with that. I kind of did too but of course they didn’t need to know that. They didn’t need to worry about me even more.

My mom arranged things with Linda and dropped me off at their home. 

When I entered the house Cam ran up to me and hugged me, Zander came downstairs soon after. 

I hugged Cam tightly, and he flinched slightly. I frowned, and he just shrugged. 

I was really worried about Cam already, I worried even more then, if that was even possible.

Cam and Zander had been my best friend’s for as long as I could remember. I loved them like my own brothers. Well- My feelings for Cam weren’t exactly brotherlike anymore- but he didn’t know that. 

I then noticed Zander’s silent fake gags in the corner. He was so annoying sometimes. I glared at him. He just smirked.

“oOoOoOoO” he teased.

Cams cheeks turned pink, and he quickly broke away from our hug and chased Zander out the front door.

I laughed and followed them.

They wrestled on the trampoline for a while- like a long while. I got on the trampoline to try to contain them.

Cam immediately jumped on my back and yelled out, “LET US END THE CREEPER BOY!” 

“Nah. I’ll just blow you up” Zander said plainly.

“NO MAKING OUT ON THE TRAMPOLINE” he yelled out as he ran away.

“SHUT UP!” Cam yelled back.

Zander opened his bedroom window and popped his head out.

“NEVER” he yelled at us. “NOW BYE BYE I DONT WANNA SEE ANY SMOOCHIN” he said before closing the window.

Cam was bright pink and scowling.

I smiled at Cam. 

“We don’t have to listen to him, you know.” I said and Cam's face turned tomato red. “Just kidding!” 

Cam glared. “What if I didn’t want you to be just kidding ma’am?” 

I felt my face turning red.

Cam cupped my face with his hands, and leaned in and softly kissed me.