Josh's POV Part 2

I'd been doing even worse since Ella's death, even though I didn't talk to her as much as I used to, but I'd still known her my whole life. My mom wanted me to go over to my friend Zander's house, since he was Ella's younger brother he'd been having a harder time lately too.

           We'd been playing Minecraft for like three and a half hours now. I'd built several houses, farms, death traps, and other random shit and of course Zander blew it all up with creepers.

           I found his house, switched to creative mode, and spawned like a hundred creepers in it to get him back, then ran.

           "YAY HUSBANDS!" Zander yelled suddenly.

           "What the fuck are you talking about?" I said.

           "CREEPER HUSBANDS! THEY'RE IN MY HOUSEY!" He said excitedly.

           Of course. He was happy about the creepers, I should've thought of that.

           "You have a lot of husbands." I said.

           "Not really, just Carson, Noah, and these creepers." He said simply.

           "That's still more than the average person though." I said.

           "I feel bad for the average person then." He said in a dramatically sad voice.

           "Not everyone wants a hundred and two husbands though."

           "You're just jealous."

           "Nah I'm just-"

           "A straight white man hehe" he interrupted.

           "Yes exactly." I smiled slightly.

           I left to go to the bathroom, and when I came back Zander was next to my phone with a concerned and kind of scared face.

           "...what-?" I asked, sort of panicked.

           "Your phone went off- and I saw the message- Josh does Liz-" he started.

           "What? No! She doesn't-" I interrupted quickly.

           "I didn't finish my sentence- how'd you know what I was gonna say?" Zander raised an eyebrow.

            I was shaking at this point. He couldn't know, I couldn't think of a believable lie so I didn't say anything.

           "...she does, doesn't she? Josh I saw the message- please don't lie-"

            I nodded slowly, then Zander hugged me. It was slightly strange, since I hadn't hugged anyone since my dad snapped. But I wasn't complaining.

            After about half a minute, Zander pulled away.

           "I'm gonna tell Janet now- unless you want to- do you want to come with me or no?" Zander asked me.

           Janet was Zander's foster mother. I had met her before of course, but I didn't really know her, and I didn't want to have to go tell her anything.

           "...um- ...you can tell her- I'll stay here-" I said quietly.

           "Okay." Zander said, then he went downstairs and talked to Janet.

           While he was gone, I picked up my phone and looked at the text. When I saw it I just sighed and deleted it.

           A few minutes later Zander came back.

          "She called some humans, she said Heather's talking to Sarah now." He told me.

          I nodded silently. I was terrified but at the same time slightly relieved, I was finally going to get away from her.