XI

___________________________________

 "Wow this is amazing", George remarked as he looked up at the house in front of him. 

"Tell me about it", Clay says. 

"So this is the house you're gonna go with?" 

"Yup. Wait until you see the inside!" 

Months ago, Clay had decided to follow through with George's suggestion of selling his drawings. 

He bought extra drawing supplies, packaging items, and small posters to make fliers. He put up his first set of fliers after a few days of doing so, showing some of his work to spike the interest. 

After days of waiting, the blond had almost given up but the brunette encouraged him to keep waiting and that he would get orders soon. And fair enough he did, then imminently started to get to work. 

He made the price reasonably high but the orders still began flowing in a matter of days. And George was there the whole way to support him. Not only emotionally but physically, the brunette had volunteered to handle the website the drawings were being sold on and be the one to go out to get more supplies. 

Then finally, Clay had enough to purchase the house he always wanted. 

The house was 2 stories and was made out of black bricks. 

The window frames were bone white and the roof was more of a gray color. The front of the house had a nice freshly cut field with a few planters running alongside the house. 

"This place has a side entry garage which I thought was pretty cool", Clay announces as the two of them were walking towards the house on the smooth stone path. 

"I was wondering where that driveway led to" 

The two then stepped up to the porch which had stunning architectural details. The door was wooden with painted sidelights. There was also a light above and a plant beside the doormat. 

"I managed to bring and buy most of the stuff so the house isn't that empty", Clay stated. George nods his head as he watches the blond pull out a pair of keys. 

The first thing you see was a double-sided fireplace that had a tv mounted on the left side further down from where they were. It divided the living room from the kitchen. 

The place had oak hardwood floors and a staircase that was facing west with a gray tan-ish rug running along in the middle. 

Next to the stairs was a built-in bench with bookshelves above it. It also had coat hangers and the bench had three small dark green pillows. 

On the right side of the entrance was a table that had potted flowers on them and a big circle mirror over it. Clay then walks over to the left side of the fireplace which was the living room. 

The wall closest to them was a built-in bookcase. It was filled with the blond's books and other small items. The room had everything he did back in his apartment. 

Clay and George both turn to walk over to the other side of the fireplace but behind it that was also between the living room and kitchen was a dining area that was surrounded with big windows. The blond walked to the kitchen that had crisp white cabinets that were a nice contrast to the dark floor. 

"Now this is my favorite part of the house", Clay says while backing into a doorway that was in the corner of the room. George ran his fingers along the island marble-like quartz countertop as he walked by it, four tall silver chairs on one side.