Chapter 9: Rivalry

Weeks has gone by since Illusion started staying with the terrans and Bee. Illusion would have never thought in a million years that she would get used to them somehow. She somehow even knows what they'll say or do, and she's starting to like them. But she shouldn't. She shouldn't. Not again. Not like before. She can't. She'll get hurt again. She can't like them. She can't like them. She can't like them. She can't like them. SHE CAN'T-

"|Illusion?|"

Illusion turns her helm towards Bumblebee, who was standing next to her. His hand was placed on her shoulder, seeming to what got her out of that transition. "|You good? You zoned out for a second...|" He asks, seeming worried. She nods her head, not saying much. "《I'm just thinking, Bee.》" Illusion brushed his hand off her shoulder as she kept walking toward the barn. Bumblebee sighs heavily as he follows silently behind her.

The terrans are playing around with the Malto Kids, something called Tag. Illusion never understood playing as a sparkling. All she ever did was read D-pads about the history of fighting and making weapons. She didn't feel the necessity to be friends with other sparklings. She had her brothers, growing up with her. That's all she needed back then. She didn't think she would need this many people in her life, even fleshlings. She didn't think she'd be fond of them, but here she is, sitting and observing them. She found it.... illogical.

"《.....Great. Now I sound like fucking Shockwave.》" She grumbled to herself. She hears the sudden sound of engines flying over her. She looks up, recognizing that alt mode from anywhere. She sees Soundwave land elegantly, seeming to ignore that he didn't come alone. She frows when she realizes that HE showed up. She watches as Soundwave places a kiss on HIS optic as he quickly goes over to her. "/Hey! Sorry I'm late. I had to get Ravage off KnockOut after he 'accidentally' destroyed her favorite toy./" Soundwave made the little quotient movement, meaning sarcasm. "《Did she ruin his finish?》" Illusion asks, not keeping her optics off Shockwave, who was talking with Bumblebee. Soundwave nods, sending her the recordings and videos he took. Illusion glances at the recordings and goes back to glaring at Shockwave. "/Um- Is something wrong?/" Soundwave asks, seeming to notice her behavior. He follows her gaze, seeming to land on Shockwave. Soundwave sighs heavily. "/When are you gonna let it go???/" He asks. "《Never.》" She spoke harshly. She gets up but gets pulled down by Soundwave. "/Don't you dare-/" "《Relax! I'm not gonna hurt your frag toy.》" Soundwave silently glares at her before playing a recording of messages "/I know you- better than- ANYONE!/" The last recording was Megatron's voice from long ago, when he was a tyrant leader. Illusion yanks her arm away from him, as she decided to go for a walk. She ordered Hazard to stay as she went off to cool her systems. Hazard watches her leave, knowing it was one of those episodes she's having. She sighs heavily until she sees Shockwave. She looks back at where Illusion and back at him, realizing the familiar scenario. She was between them, Shockwave running off and leaving Illusion behind, injured. Hazard felt Deja Vu all over again. She remembered that day very clearly, as it not only changed her master but everything she ever knew.

"《SHOCKWAVE WAIT! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!》" Illusion cried out as her arm was stuck under the rubble. Hazard tries her best to get the boulder off her. "[AREN'T YOU GONNA HELP!?]" Hazard yelled at Shockwave, only to see him leave quickly. She couldn't believe it. She thought he cared for Illusion. She thought he was her friend, like the others. She sees him leave before yelling out in frustration. "[THAT BITCH! HE JUST FUCKING LEFT US AT THE AUTOBOT'S MERCY!]" Hazard looks back at Illusion, seeing so much energon leaking out of her. "《....go back.》" "[What?]" Illusion looks back at Hazard, looking at her with sorrow and defeat. A pitiful sight that she'd never thought she'd see in her. "《Get out of here! While you have the chance...》" She pleaded. Hazard looks at her in disbelief and disagrees. "[Hell no! I'm not leaving you behind!]" Hazard yelled. "《Go! Let my brother know I died at their will. Let them have you as a reminder of me...》" Hazard swore she saw lubricant leaking out of her eyes. "[...No.]" "《Hazard-》" "[NO!]" Hazard started grabbing each Boulder, trying her best to remove them. "[I WILL NOT ABONDEN YOU!]" Hazard yelled as she got each boulder out of her,  trying her best to make sure she isn't damaged more. "《Hazard...》" Hazard ignored her demands. She was given to her to protect her. She was designed to be feared and yet Illusion loved her like a small sparkling. She gave her a purpose. She made her feel normal. She wasn't gonna leave her. She never left anyone behind so why should she? She quickly moves her helm to see some Autobots arriving. She unleashed her tendrils, stunning them with her electric field. She was immediately pushed down by one of them. She gets up before a blade was put against her neck. "I got this one. Take care of the Decepticon." Hazard watches as the other autbot aimed his weapon at Illusion. "[NO!]" Hazard grabbed the blade, cutting her servo as she pulled it away from the Autobot scum. She threw at the other, hitting him in the arm. He yells out in pain as the other grabs her by the neck. Illusion watches Hazard beginning to lose her conscious, her online for her. Something in her snapped. She tried getting up but her arm was still stuck under the rubble. She pulled her arm, hearing the circuits and metal tearing itself. She finally pulls her arm out, spilling energon everywhere. She launges for the Autobot, tearing his arm away from Hazard, who barely survived. She held her close as she sees more Autobots arrive. One of them being Optimus. "Illusion...?" Illusion held Hazard close with her one arm, ignoring that she's bleeding out to death.

Maybe they'll be safe after all...