Benn Beckman x F!Reader

Shy girl's crush
____________________

Sorry if this is bad quality or if it's written badly, i edited this on my phone -_-
____________________

Suggestion by:
BBQMoochi

____________

Age: 19

Personality: Shy, calm, wants romance (ik it's not a personality trait but who cares, RIGHT)

Likes: books, Benn (romantically) , romance, Shanks (friend zoned)

Dislikes: too many social interactions (more than one), getting too shy

Powers: None

Spoilers: none

Warnings: none?

1900 words

____________________

2nd POV:

You're casually lounging on the deck, your favorite book in hand, lost in its pages as usual.
Today, your fingers sport a few band-aids, souvenirs from yet another round of training with your captain.

(not THAT kind of training you naughty reader)

Lost in thought, you barely register the sound of footsteps approaching until a familiar voice breaks through the silence.

"Hey there, Y/n!" Shanks' cheerful greeting draws your attention, and you look up from your book to find him grinning down at you. He plops down beside you, the bright red of his hair a stark contrast against the blue of the sky.

"Hey, Shanks," you reply with a shy smile, tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear. Despite the easy camaraderie you share with the rest of the crew, there's always a hint of nervousness in your interactions with him, especially when the topic turns to a certain first mate.

Shanks, ever the observant one, never misses the slight flush that colors your cheeks at the mention of Benn Beckman.

"You know, Y/n," he begins, a mischievous twinkle in his eye, "I can't help but notice how you always seem to light up whenever Benn's around."
Your cheeks flame even brighter at his teasing, and you quickly avert your gaze, pretending to be engrossed in your book.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, Shanks," you stammer, the words tumbling out in a rush.
But Shanks isn't so easily deterred, and he leans in closer, his grin widening.

"Oh, come on, Y/n. It's written all over your face," he says, nudging you playfully.

"You've got a crush on Benn, don't you?"
Your heart skips a beat at the blunt admission, and you feel the heat rising to your cheeks once again.

"Sh-Shanks, please," you protest weakly, feeling utterly exposed under his knowing gaze. The last thing you need is for the entire crew to catch wind of your feelings, especially Benn himself.
Just then, a familiar figure appears on the deck, and your breath catches in your throat as you catch sight of Benn Beckman. He's as handsome as ever, with his tousled gray hair and piercing blue eyes, and you can't help but admire him from afar.