Chapter 1: Milky Sunset

[Sal]

Sal could tell something big was happening by the way the air felt warm to the way his stomach turned, but not in a bad way.

As any normal Monday he woke up to a sour taste in his mouth. The alarm clock blasted into his ear shouting at him to get up. He wasn't to bothered by it because not only was he used to it, but him and Larry listen to music louder then that. He wouldn't be shocked if they got tinnitus by the time they were 20 he laughed at that thought while he stopped his alarm and started getting dressed. He was wearing a Sanity Falls shirt with some black skinny jeans. He put on some sneakers and of course brushes his teeth, his hair ect. Ect.... But you didn't come here for that, did you?

[Travis]

He had groggily woken up to his parents fighting down stairs again. He looked at his alarm clock and he still had thirty minutes left. He rolled his eyes knowing he wouldn't get anymore sleep for the morning so he stood up and went to his bland desk that he studies at and turned off his alarm.

He decided to get dressed into his usual jeans and the purple sweater that his mom had gotten him for his 8th birthday. remembering the smile of joy when he had gotten something to cherish for a long time. A smile started appearing on his usually straight face, but sadly it stopped when his father was pounding on his door telling him to get up. "I am up, Father!" Travis told him and he heard a muffled 'good' before he heard his father's footsteps walking away. He had sighed and decided to just get ready.

[Sal]

He had tiredly came down the elevator and left going to Larry's light brown car that can only fit four people. When he opened the door he was immediately awake by the way Sanity Falls was blasting to the way the smell of energy drinks was strong. He had gotten into the car and Larry had smiled "Hey Sally face, are you ready for another day at hell?" Larry had asked Sal. Sal chuckled and replied "No not really, but we don't have a choice." Larry nodded and started driving away to the hell that haunted them anywhere they went.

When they had gotten to school they had met up with Ash and Todd the two people who were always their before Larry and Sal. "Hey Ash and Todd." Sal said when he got to under the bleachers where they had always met up. "Oh hey, Sal and Larry." Ash said. Ash and Larry started talking about whatever, but Sal wasn't paying attention. He rolled his eyes at how obvious Larry and Ash liked eachother. He looked over to Todd and asked "Where's Neil?" Todd looked up and said "He is not gonna be here today. He is sick." He looked sad that his boyfriend wasn't there. "Hey it's ok don't worry about him. He will be fine." Sal told Todd to cheer him up. Todd looked up and smiled.

The doors had opened and everyone went into a rush pushing eachother trying to get to their classes or just to be in the hall. Once they had all finally gotten to their lockers after the smothering of awkward teenage crowds Sal had calmed down. He really hated being touched by other people especially ones that he didn't mentally approve of. He slightly chuckled to himself. That's sounds so wierd he though to himself. Then Larry pulled him into a side hug while talking to Ash and Todd. That's when he looked over to the right and saw the milk honey hair that was either always teasing them or Sal was always thinking about. He wanted to laugh really. I mean who gets a crush on your bully? It sounds so stupid.

[Ash]

She was talking with Larry and noticed Sal was looking to the left she traced where he was looking and noticed it was the blond dude that Ash knew Sal liked. Sal had told her, but she swore to never tell anyone especially if they are in the friend group. She could also tell that Travis never completely liked bullying them either. They say that some people can feel others emotions and feelings and it's called an empath. (fun fact: I am an empath🤫) Other people always thought it was weird so she never told anyone. In that moment she knew that she wanted to help Travis and Sal get together, but how was she gonna do that?