Chapter 12: Finally pt.2

(Tw: bullying and a homophobia slur)

[Travis]

He acted somewhat normal, but there were little things that you would notice and it showed that there was something wrong. An example was how he didn't sit next to Sal. This wasn't because he hated Sal or wanted to hurt him. It was actually the opposite. Travis believed that Sal hated him and he would only hurt Sal more if he sat by him. Sal could never hate Travis he loved him to much, but Travis didnt know that.

They had been awkward for about two months (jeez took you long enough😒). Whenever they spoke it was pretty short because they both were scared. Sal's birthday was around the corner or more specifically the day after tommorrow. Travis had decided to tell Sal that he loved him on his birthday because then they both wouldn't be minors and they could he togehter... Hopefully. Travis already had a plan down with the help of Vee and Larry. Also Ash helped a little as well. He was nervous, but prepared. Little did he know the other three had a plan of their own and it was not gonna go as planned.

Travis just got done putting away Sal's present which was a few more games for his Gameboy and a few treats for Gizmo because Sal loves Gizmo probably more then anything. Then he wrote out a letter to what he was going to say.

"Sal Fisher. I understand if you hate me because of what had happend. I would hate me too. I wanted to let you know I love you so much. I don't know what happend to me when you confessed. I love you and wouldn't want more then anything in the world then to be with you. You don't have to except it, but I love you so much Sal."

After many tries he finally liked it. He was excited to tell Sal. This was the most excited that he had been in a while.

[Sal]

Sal was planning on giving Travis time. He was also planning on telling Travis that he loved him on his birthday. He figured it was because he hated him or that he was a minor at the time. He figured it wasn't the first choice because if that were true then Travis wouldn't have still hung out with him. He was also super excited not only because he was about to be a legal adult, but also because he was going to tell Travis how he felt. He was glad that Nica, Larry, and Ash helped him out on this plan. Little did he know his plan was also going to go sideways.

(Sal's birthday)

It was now Sunday and Sal's birthday. He wasn't planning on doing a party just having his friends come over and hang out. Maybe even stay the night. The plan was for Travis to come first and then they would go on a walk and Sal would tell Travis his feelings then. He was confident about the plan... Until the first person who showed up was Larry. "Oh hey!" Sal said. "Hey dude! Is Travis here yet?" Larry asked and Sal shook his head no. Larry put on a fake frown and said "Oh I am sorry, dude. I can go until he gets here." Larry said. "What? No! Come in!" Sal said bringing him in. A few hours had passed and all his friends except Travis had showed up. He finally had enough when Nica showed up and when he asked about Travis she said "I thought he was already here." He then went to go on a walk by himself. Just as a few of them planned he would do.

[Travis]

Vee was making it difficult for him to get ready going to Sal's telling him "You look stupid in that!" Or saying "Let's listen to ___ album before we leave." Eventually he realized he was supposed to be there three hours ago! Then just to make him angrier when he went to her room so they could walk together she was already gone! Travis left angry, but soon calmed down. He walked to Sal's carrying the present he got Sal. Then the person who he was just thinking about ran into him! Litterally... They both fell back from the impact. In that moment they both knew what the other teens were doing, but didn't say anything about it to each other.