Chapter 5: Unexpected Guest

(Implied abuse and implied self harm)

[Sal]

Sal was heartbroken. It hurt so much more then he thought it would. He understood that Travis liked Nica..  I mean, who wouldn't? She was, pretty, funny, and had great music taste. Yet he still wished he was in the spot he believed was Veronica's spot, but in reality it was just a spot reserved for him.

He was already tearing up. Thankfully nobody, but Ash and Larry were there so nobody would judge him even though he knew his friends would never do that it was still a fear of his. "Aww I'm sorry, Sal." Larry said rubbing his back. "I honestly don't think they like eachother like that." Ash said. "I get that your trying to cheer me up Ash, bu-" Sal started then got cut off by Ash "No I mean it I mean like if they were truly dating then she would've at least kissed his cheek." "She did though as soon as she got here." Sal said making him choke up into another sob. "This must be what a broken heart from love feels like." Sal thought to himself. "Dude! You can't just give up! I mean you can totally see it in the way he looks at you that he at least likes you a bit in that way!" Larry said trying to cheer up Sal, but he was also telling the truth. "Y'know what? I'm just gonna go home now. I have got to go home to Gizmo anyways." Sal said before leaving not even really saying a goodbye. His friends felt horrible.

[Sal and Travis]

Sal was sitting in his bed crying while Gizmo cuddled up to him for about twenty minutes before he heard loud knocking it sounded closer to banging. "I-im coming!" Sal said his eyes puffy and red from crying. He looked through the little glass circle seeing Travis and immediately opening the door. Travis was beat up pretty badly. He had another black eye on the other side his nose was bleeding and on his cheek there was a little gash bleeding from what looked like glass would cause. "Holy fuck, Travis come in." Sal said ushering him into the bathroom.

Sal got Travis to sit on the toilet while he dug through under the sink looking for the first aid kit. He could hear Travis' raspy breaths almost as if it was hard to breath and it was. He had gotten out the first aid kit and put it on the sink counter. He was cleaning and stopping the little cuts on his body from bleeding. He had used almost all of his band-aids and gauze taking care of Travis, but it was worth it. Randomly Travis had asked a question throwing Sal off guard. "Why were you crying?" "Huh?" Sal said acting confused. "I asked, why were you crying?" Travis asked again. "I wasn't." "That's bullshit." Travis said. "What?" "Puffy red eyes and weird sad voice. You were most definitely crying. If you won't answer that question how about.. Who made you cry?" Travis said. "It's nothing really I had just seen something that made me sad." Sal said not making eye contact. "Are you sure?" Travis asked while lightly grabbing the side of his jaw making Sal look at him. He almost regretted it immediately. His heart beat started to pick up he was just hoping that he wasn't blushing. Sal on the other hand his breath hitched and his heartbeat also started to pace. He was scared that Travis could hear or feel it. The lust and love in their hearts had taken over. Travis had undone the bottom strap of Sal's prosthetic and they had closed the space between them sharing a firm yet emotionally filled kiss.

Then they had stepped out of their trance Sal stepped back and Travis covered his mouth in shock. They were both freaking out for two totally separate reasons. Sal was silently freaking out because he had kissed someone who he thought was already in a relationship. Travis was freaking out because he believed he did something wrong yet it felt so right. Travis was slowly destroying himself in those ten seconds. "I-i'm sorry I-I don't know what happend." Travis stuttered and jumbled up his words. "Hey, it's ok it was a mistake anyways. It will never happend again besides you have a girlfriend." Sal said trying to stay calm. "We will never talk about this again and I promise it won't change anything. Besides were just horny teenagers that do stupid stuff and that was just one of them." Sal said. It hurt him to say it and it hurt Travis to hear it, but it's what was right for the time being.