Chapter 13: New Partner

(Tw: body shaming and also a big part of this chapter is an ed) {also just real quick this chapter is mostly around Veronica because I think she deserves more attention also she is a huge part of the story <3}

[Veronica]

Veronica had been acting weird around her friends. She kept making up excuses to not be around them or just act awkward. It was almost as if she was hiding something. Travis was the most suspicious because she would've told him if anything was going on. He was just lost. Veronica had in fact been keeping a secret. A secret girlfriend.

She hadnt told Travis because her girlfriend told her not to tell any of her friends yet. The problem was is that the guilt was eating her up. She finally decided to tell Travis after school.

The two were sitting in Travis' room while metal music played in the background. It was a nice room with more flavor to it. They decided to paint it a vermilion color around a month ago. He had a few drawings from his friends, the painting Larry made for him, a board of polaroids, and even a few posters on the wall. He had his CD player set up on his dresser and right by it was a stack of CD'S a few that he bought himself and a few that Victor gave him. Travis was messing with a bracelet he had gotten from Victor. It was a green and blue one. It was a very special bracelet to Victor he gave it to Travis because it always ran in the male side of the family. Travis may not be blood related, but he sure was family.

Veronica cleared her throat about to address the elephant in the room. "Ok, so I have been hiding something from you." She took a deep breath. "Wow, I had no idea." Travis said sarcastically making Veronica laugh. "Ok, so I am just gonna tell you. I have a girlfriend." Travis was actually shocked then he became excited. "Who is it?" He asked. "You know that new girl?" She asked and Travis shook his head no. "Well her name is Angie! And she is the new kid." Veronica said while smiling brightly. Travis smiled back. "I am glad you are happy. Are you gonna introduce us to her?" Travis asked. "Maybe later, we have only been dating for about two weeks." Veronica said and Travis nodded in understanding. Travis hugged Veronica then said "Now do you wanna head bang and forget the world?" Travis had a smile on and she shook her head yes. He then smiled and put in their favorite album they called it "their album" because it is one of those albums that you just connect with the more you listen to it with that person. Just as best friends would they head banged until they fell over and laughed until their stomachs hurt.

It was around two in the morning when Veronica woke up realizing she fell asleep in Travis' bed. She looked around for Travis and her heart started beating. She was looking for Travis all over the room, but he wasn't there. There was ringing happening all around her. She went downstairs and looked everywhere. When she went to her parents room they weren't there either. Then she walked to the kitchen and looked out the window she saw both of her parents crying in the dead of night. Then she saw blinding flashing red and blue lights all over the house. When they settled down she saw some people taking a stretcher upstairs she followed them her voice echoing "Hey!" But nobody heard her. She followed them into the upstairs bathroom then she saw them taking a unconscious Travis downstairs.

She woke up gasping for air her lungs struggling to breathe. She then realized she was awake. She sat up realizing she did actually fall asleep in Travis' bed, but he was there and sleeping sideways across her ankles. She carefully took her legs away from under Travis and tip toed downstairs. She then looked at the clock on the oven and it was blinking '4:09' she yawned and looked into the fridge. She decided to make some hot cocoa since they had some left. She was groggily sipping her hot cocoa when someone or some people she wasn't expecting walked out to the kitchen. "Hey, mom and dad." She said tiredly. Her mom gave her a half smile and her dad smiled brightly. "Mornin' sweetheart. Why are you up this early?" He asked. She mumbled 'nightmare' before her dad nodded and went to use the bathroom.