Chapter 8: Contaigeous laughter

(Tw: religious guilt)

[Veronica]

Veronica was the first to wake up. She looked at the clock and it was 8:46. She yawned and looked around. Travis was laying on Sal's lap while Sal was asleep against the side of the bed. She thought it was adorable. Larry was half on the bed and half on the floor. She giggled a little at the three boys. Then she walked out of the room leaving the three boys to sleep.

She walked out and sat on the couch rubbing her eyes as her groggyness was slowly fading away. "Hello sweetie, would you like coffee or hot cocoa?" Lisa asked still in her pj's "Hot cocoa please." Veronica said as a small yet sweet smile appeared. While Lisa was making the coffee she was in deep thought. She remembered Sal and Travis playing a game while she went to sleep. Larry had already fallen asleep like an hour before she did. Did they do anything? Did they kiss? No that wouldn't happen... Travis still refuses to admit he is gay and is still super shy about that stuff. That reminded her of the bet she and Larry had made last night while Larry and Sal weren't paying attention. She really hoped that Sal would make the first move because then she could win $30! She was counting on Sal. She believed in herself more then anything though litterally every bet she had made she won. At her old school they called her the "bet bee queen" because she was the queen at betting. She smiled at that. "What are you smiling about?" Lisa asked kindly as she set the hot cocoa next to Veronica she snapped Veronica out of her deep thinking. "Oh nothing to much just thinking about stuff." Veronica smiled. "Ok well if you ever need to talk I am here." Lisa said and carefully rubbed Veronica's back before leaving to her bedroom.

Veronica drank her hot cocoa and hummed for a few minutes before Larry walked out of his room. "Hey Larry, how did you sleep?" Nica asked while Larry sat down by her. "Fuckin horrible. My back hurts." Larry grumbled while rubbing the bottom of his back. "Oh im sorry to hear that Larry." Nica said with a frown. "Yeah, it's fine. Did you see Sal and Travis?" Larry asked. "Yeah I saw them. They are adorable, aren't they?" Nica said and giggled a little. "I dunno I guess." Larry said with a shrug and Veronica giggled. "Y'know I think they are perfect for eachother." Veronica said seriously while setting her hot cocoa down. "Really?" Larry asked. She nodded and said "Yeah, I mean just look at the way they look at eachother. It's obvious they have feeling for eachother they just can't tell eachother or express them because they're to scared to ruin the friendship. Also because Travis refuses to acknowledge he is gay." Veronica said looking down. "You say it almost as if you have lived it." Larry said. Veronica just looked at him with a sad smile nothing else was needed the silence was saying more then words. Larry just rubbed her back while a few strands came down her cheeks missing her past lover. "Is that why you want Travis and Sal to get together?" Larry asked and Veronica just nodded her head. "Y'know I kind of get it because I really like Ash, but I don't think she likes me. I think she is super cool and pretty! But why would she like me?" Veronica wanted to laugh at what Larry said, but she didn't instead she comforted him.

It had been a few hours later and it was almost one o'clock Larry and Veronica had decided to wake up the sleeping lovebirds. "Alright c'mon!" Veronica said in a wisper. Larry nodded and followed her. The two quietly snuck past the lovebirds. They put on a record of a Sanity Falls album and turned it on full volume so the two would wake up to the beautiful melody of Sanity Falls. It had worked the two sleepy teens jolted awake. Travis still laying on Sal's lap looked at Sall wide eyed as he processed what was happening. "How did I get here?" Travis asked and Sal shrugged. Travis sat up and rubbed his eyes as Sanity Falls woke him up. "It's to early in the morning." Travis said in a deep morning voice that Sal was no doubt about it blushing at. "Yeah, I agree." Sal said in another morning voice that Travis found amazing. "Dudes! It's one o'clock!" Larry said turning the volume down. "Wait really?" Travis asked and Veronica nodded. "I'll go right back." Sal said getting up and leaving to the bathroom. Travis stood up and stretched stretched as the groggyness started leaving. "When are Todd, Neil, Ash, Chug, and Mapel gonna be here?" Travis asked. "So.. Todd is actually staying the night at Neil's tonight because it's their only night they get alone. Mapel is sick and Chug refuses to leave her so Ash is the only one coming. She will be here around four or five." Larry said and Travis nodded. "So what did you guys do?" Veronica asked Travis with a sly smirk. "Nothing to much we played games on the Gameboy and then we went for a walk." Travis said remembering the fun night. "That's cool. Why didn't you wake us up to go on the walk with you?" Larry asked. "We didn't want to wake you guys up." Travis said while grabbing a water bottle from his bag.