Chapter 22

"Lucin... Please don't do this... Harry! Niall! Help!" I cried out.

"They won't help you... They're on my side." Lucin smirked.

"No! Please! Louis!" I shook in the arms of the man holding me back. "Lucin! Let me go!"

"Why would I do that, deary? You're of no use to me anymore... You can die, and no one would miss you." He put his hand at my cheek. My eyes darted to the boys, who were string intensely at me. "Ah, my dear... They wouldn't miss you... They were in it all along."

"No." I muttered. "Please! HARRY!" I cried out once more.

"We're finished here." Lucin waved his hand and turned around, walking away. "Kill her." The gaurd put on hand at my chin and the other at the top of my head. Tears flowed down my cheeks as the boy nodded for the man to make that one fluid motion. His grip tightened and-

-------------------------

I woke up screaming, my whole body damp from sweat. I shook and cried, my hands at the side of my head.

"What's wrong?! What the hell happened?!" Paul and the boys rushed in.

"Jesus, Charlie, what's wrong?" Louis sat in front of me. I shook my head, still crying.

"I... You were with L-Lucin and you were in on a plan to kill me and you didn't save me and I couldn't do anything..." I was shaking, terrified at the thought of the boys not being able to come to my rescue and watching me get killed at their expense. "You just watched me die and you wanted me to and I was so scared." Louis tugged me closer and I cried into his shoulder. Another one of the boys rubbed my back.

"W-We'd never..." Zayn said.

"Charlie, we'd always be there." Harry said.

"You don't know that." I shook my head.

"We'd travel to the ends of the earth if we had to, Charlotte, alright? We'd never let anybody hurt you." Niall said. I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"And, Niall, the earth is round, it has no end." I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

"It was the thought, Miss Geography." He mumbled.

"Miss Geography?!" Paul and I broke into laughter.

"How did you guys get in here anyway?" I asked. Zayn and Liam let out a small chuckle and I turned to the hotel room door.

"YOU RIPPED IT OFF THE HINGES!" I got up and went over to it.

"PAUL DID IT!" All the boys shouted.

"I can fix it!" He threw his hands up and lifted up the door, putting it back on the hinges. He jiggled it a little and turned around. "Told you." He opened the door a little wider and it fell off again.

"Great job genius." I teased. "How am I supposed to sleep with the door wide open, let alone change." After I let that slip out, I wanted to take it back. "Okay... I'm gonna try to not listen to those thoughts."

"Want to just sleep in my room? One, that has an unbroken door?" Louis turned to Paul.

"This isn't gonna be forgotten, obviously... Just go to bed." Paul sighed and walked back to his room.

"Sleepover!" Louis shouted. I laughed and followed him and Harry to their room. "Haz and I can share this bed, and you can have this one."

I nodded and immediately crawled under the covers.

"Oh hi there Boo Bear." I heard Harry say.

"Uhh..." I interuppted.

"We were just kidding!" Louis shouted. I scoffed and turned on my side.

I tried to fall back asleep, but I just couldn't. The one fluent motion that would've killed me replayed in my mind. The boys' icy, dark stares that tore my soul apart haunted me. I jumped when I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"You should go to sleep, Charlie." Harry whispered.

"Look who's talking." I teased.

"I didn't have a terrifying nightmare, missy. I'm not tired anyway." He shrugged and got comfortable next to me. "It must've been bad, huh?"

"Just... The look in your eyes... It was so dark. Cold. Scary." I said the last word quieter.

"Look at me." He instructed softly. I rolled over. "Are my eyes dark?"

I shook my head shyly.

"Then you don't need to be scared... We won't hurt you. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't. You're too special for us." He said sincerely, his eyes holding mine.

"I know." I said very smally.

"Go to sleep, Charlie. I'm right here." He said. I nodded and rolled over, falling asleep, calmly.