Chapter 39

I rubbed my knees whilst sitting in the hospice room of the castle. Everyone was being taken care of: being rid of scars, cuts... wounds of those kinds. Though I was pretty bruised as well, I didn't want to be treated. I need time to think.

All of my friends... Hurt because of me? I couldn't accept that. I felt like all of our suffering was... was because of me. Was it bad that a bit of me wished I had never... never met them? If I weren't here, they'd be living their lives. The boys wouldn't have had to cancel three shows. Bri, Jenna, Jess, Jeremy, and Zac wouldn't have to fear for each other. They wouldn't be wrapped up and bandaged, sleeping in a hospice. It was my fault.

When a hand touched my shoulder, I jumped in my chair. "Do not worry child. It's just me..." The wrinkled man gave me a half-grin as he held out his hand, "We haven't officially met... I'm Balthazar the Third."

"The third?"

"Long story... But I must ask you a question."

"If this is about me crashing an execution, I'm not sorry." I pulled my hair over my shoulder.

"No, no dear. That was very brave, though. We should commoemorate you... It's actually about who will rule the kingdom now. Most of us, vampires I mean, resented how Lucin was running this kingdom, but we were too afraid to actually do anything. You know, only one person has stood up to him before."

"Who?"

"Louis." His head nodded over to my sleeping friend. "He led a revolt for the people who had been neglected by Lucin's rule... Your friend was very willing to stand up for what was right... However, some of his friends turned on him... Sent him to Lucin. Louis was in prison for months. I'm sure he still has the scars to prove what when on."

Louis' figure was outlined by the light-weight blankets. "Who takes over now?"

"That's why I'm here... Would you like to take your mother's place and renew the kingdom for the people?"

I ran my hands over my face, sighing in distress. "I don't think I can. I'm only eighteen. I can't even remember the days over the summertime. I don't know anything about ruling people, let alone corrupt, no offense, vampires. I can't even babysit my younger sister!" I was starting to become frantic.

"Calm down, I understand... Until you are ready to rule, if that time comes, I will make sure your mother's wishes for a peaceful land will come true... You should rest." Balthazar placed his hand back on my shoulder and with a nod, left me alone in the dark again.

I tip-toed over to Louis who was resting on his side. I bet he still has the scars to prove it. I lightly pulled the back of his shirt up his back. Balthazar was correct; I hadn't noticed the bumps from old gashes on Louis' back until now. They were certainly faded and could only be seen up close, but they were there. Painful reminders? My fingers trailed up and down each one softly and gently.

"What are you doing?" Louis finally questioned, voice stiff from sleep.

I removed my hand from his back and stepped away, "I was just-"

"So, you figured it out?" He rolled onto his back with a wince.

"No.. Balthazar told me. I didn't know, but... That's really badass." I laughed silently.

"Not as badass as what you did..." More thoughts critcizing myself rolled into my head. "It's not your fault." Louis gripped my hand tightly. "We should be building statues for you, honestly."

"Hey... I needed to help my friends... Go back to sleep." I swept hair out of his eyes and stepped back.

"You need more sleep than me." He whispered. "Come on." The room he opened up by scooching over all of a sudden looked inviting. But I couldn't.

"Nah. I'm not that tired but I'll come over if I want someone to cuddle with." Louis looked disappointed but just nodded his head snuggling back in for sleep. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight. I-" He cut himself off. His abrupt pause made me turn to face him. "Uh, goodnight." I reluctantly nodded my head before returning to my chair.

What was he about to say?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Okay well i had a good time writing the story,This is the end :(

comment what you thought and if i should make a squel or how every you spell it,but byeee love you alll

~Sky XX