Chapter 1

I looked out of the window, watching the busy city bustling with life despite the sun having gone down. It was late, but most of my work was on LA time, and I was not in LA. No, I was looking out over New York City. The time difference wasn't that drastic, but I had some great friends who enjoyed working in the evening, keeping me up until late at night. But, hey, my sleeping schedule was fucked already.

You see, I had been in New York for three weeks, working on a secret little project. We had rented a nice two story condo, working on some new All Time Low songs. It was just me, Jack, Alex, and another one of their producer friends, Marcus. I'd never met Marcus before, but together we were taking on the project of writing and producing the songs that came to fruition.

Working in the same place we lived in meant there were no boundaries. We'd work on songs late into the night, waking up many hours after the sun had risen. Sometimes, we wouldn't be starting our day until 1pm. It was an insane time.

Still, despite devoting my time to these sessions, I did occasionally need to keep up with what was going on back in LA. I had many exciting things coming up that I needed to prepare for. Which meant occasionally having phone calls and meetings back in the bedroom, making sure I didn't disturb the creative process going on downstairs.

It was an exciting time.

"Hey, Jace," Alex greeted once I returned from another call, looking over his shoulder, both arms stretched wide over the backrest of the couch.

"How are things go–" I started to ask, stopping at the armrest that Jack was leaning against.

"Is that my hoodie?" Jack interrupted, his eyes boring holes into the fabric that covered my upper body.

I looked down at what I was wearing, making eye contact with the woman printed on the front. "Well... I mean, it's not mine. So..."

"I want it back," he instructed.

"Like, right now?"

"Yeah, right now!"

I stared at him for a second, getting a blank look back. He was being serious. 100% serious. So, I gave in. My hands went down to the hem and I pulled it up over my head, leaving me in just my bra and panties. Who could blame me for not wearing anything underneath? I threw the fabric at Jack as I turned around and started running back up the stairs.

"What the fuck!" Jack yelped. I could see him jump over the armrest out of the corner of my eye before he started chasing me.

"I didn't know you got a back tattoo," Alex shouted after us, referring to the geometric line I had going down my spine in between my shoulder blades.

But I never got to respond to him. Before I could make it into the bedroom I was sharing with Jack, he had me pinned up against the wall in the hallway and had slammed his lips on mine. I kissed back hungrily, harshly pulling him closer. It was a battle of dominance.

I managed to push us off the wall, knocking him into the bedroom door. My hand reached out for the door handle, making us stumble inside when the latch let go. Immediately, a painting knocked off the wall and Jack kicked the door shut.

What followed was a mind-blowing time. Jack and I knew how to have fun, but things had reached a new level. By now, I was no longer embarrassed to be with Jack when others were close by. Accidentally loudly moaning out Jack's name at 3am just minutes after we came home from drinks at a bar while Alex was staying in our guest bedroom had completely wiped away any shame I had.

After what felt like hours – but must have been less than one – I was making my way back down the stairs again. I was absolutely parched. To quench my thirst, I went straight to the fridge in the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of vitamin water. Unfortunately, a little predicament made it extremely hard for me to open it.