Chapter 6

That massive fucking asshole.
He thinks he can just pick me up and make me do whatever he pleases.
I can still feel where he slapped my ass...

I lie back in bed and all I can see is that stupid cocky grin on his face.
I want to punch that smirk right off.

I don't know what little game he's playing but I'm not falling for it.
All this bullshit about him wanting to keep me safe, him cooking for me, worrying about me... I know it's all for something.
And I won't fall into his trap like my brother did.
I can't.

My eyes begin to fall shut as I sink into the plush mattress beneath me, lulling me to sleep before I can stop myself.

•••

The next morning I head downstairs, making myself some breakfast when Kain comes into the kitchen.
"Look at that, I'm perfectly capable of feeding myself." I grin, flipping my eggs over.
"Who would've thought" he smirks, leaning onto the kitchen counter, just staring at me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I hiss
He needs some fucking boundaries
"What? Am I bothering you princess?"
Yes.
"No- just don't need a guard dog watching over me."
"Just admiring." He sips on some coffee while watching me eat.
I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Don't you have anything better to do?"
"Not really." He smirks, rubbing his fingers along his jawline. It's scattered with a bit of stubble, that makes him look even rougher.
I hate it.

Once I'm finished eating, I quickly get up and grab the keys to one of his cars.
I needed to get out of here. Away from him.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" He raises a brow, glancing over me.
"Shopping. Don't know if you remember but you didn't exactly give me time to grab my things from my apartment. Kind of need clothes and shit." I remind him sarcastically and he hums, amused.

"Wait." He says, walking over to me.
Oh hell no.
"Kain you are not fucking coming with me- I can handle myself" I warn, digging my finger into his chest so he can't come closer.
His smirk widens.
"Who said anything about coming with you? I'm just giving you this. It's my fault you had to leave most of your things." He hands me a black card.
Asshole.

"I'm not taking this Kain. I've told you over and over I can take care of myself." I try and give it back but he won't take it.
"Just use it." He orders
"No."
"You say you hate me so much Drea? Take it out on my wallet." He tells me, making me pause.
Hmmm...

I can't say that doesn't sound appealing at the moment.
"Fine. I hope this card has a high limit Kain... I have a lot of anger to take out." I smirk, slipping the card into my pocket as I head into the garage.
"Try and find the limit- I dare you." He calls out, watching me leave.

I pull into the shopping center downtown, wanting to see just how far I could take this.
If I couldn't dent his ego I'd sure dent his bank account.
I step into stores I would never even glance at if I was paying, sipping on champagne as sales associates show me option after option.
I get anything I like in multiple colors, spending hours downtown.

I grab myself everything I could think of...
Clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, makeup, perfume, even fancy lingerie I would never buy for myself.
Just because I can.
As the day goes on I keep waiting for the point when his card stops working, when I hit the limit.
But I don't.
I treat myself to lunch at the most expensive restaurant I can find, and get a manicure and pedicure to relax after my hours shopping.

At this point I don't know if any more bags could possibly fit in the car and I still have yet to max out his card.
Maybe another day.
The sun begins to set as I make my way back to the house, stumbling in with more bags than I can carry.

I head up to my room, passing Kain in the hallway on the way.
He looks over me, at least twelve bags across my arms and he grins.
"Had some fun?"
I look over at him,
"Just a bit... there's more in the car. Be a doll and grab them for me." I smile, enjoying the mildly impressed look on his face.

I walk past him into my room, setting everything down with a huff. Moments later, Kain comes up with the rest of my bags.
"Just set them on the bed" I order him smugly.

"Mmhm. Looks like you got some very nice things princess..."
When I turn around, I see him dangling a set of red, lacy lingerie on his fingers.
I roll my eyes, snatching it out of his grip before taking the bag away from him.
"Do I get to see you try on what I bought?" He smirks devilishly, sitting back on my bed.

"Only in your dreams Kain." I tease, putting my things away.
"Might have to fall asleep early tonight then" he replies, lying back with his arms behind his head, looking so pleased with himself.

Fucking prick.
"Did you ever find that limit?" He glances up at me knowingly.
"No... but maybe next time."
"Hm, I guess you'll have to just try harder then."

"I guess I will. Maybe I'll pick myself up a new car next time."
Don't try me Kain
"Get yourself two princess" he winks, getting back up.

He stretches his arms over his head, the obnoxiously large muscles in his back flexing as he moves.
"I'm going to go make some dinner, come down in a bit. And don't even try and tell me you're not hungry." He tells me
As if on cue, my stomach growls.
"Told you."