Chapter 32

5 months later...

I sit in the passenger seat as Kain drives, my knee bouncing up and down with both nerves and excitement.

His warm hand comes over to cover my thigh, rubbing it softly so that I can calm down.
"Everything will be great princess. You've been waiting for this day forever." Kain reminds me, his voice deep and soothing.

"I know that... I'm just nervous. I want everything to go well." I sigh softy

Kain looks over at me,
"Your brother is getting released. My best friend. It's a good day for both of us. He'll be so happy to see you gorgeous." He reassures me.

As we pull up to the prison gates, my heart races.
"Tone it down on the gorgeous, he still doesn't know we're..." my voice trails off
"Together. You're all mine, don't forget it." He adds, grinning.

"And it's time we fix that. He needs to know." Kain continues.
He takes one of my hands in his, stroking my skin with his thumb softly.

"I know but I'm worried he'll be mad at me. I mean, I'm fucking his best friend." I laugh softly, making Kain smirk, squeezing my hand.

"I'll tell him when we're back home. If he has a problem he can take it up with me. I'm not letting you go." Kain says, getting out of the car to open up my door.

We go and stand in front of the exit, and I wait anxiously.
Kain's arm comes around my waist in attempt to distract me,
"Just focus on your brother getting out. Be happy." He tells me.

I swat his arm off me, rolling me eyes.
"Yeah, yeah. Just try and keep your hands to yourself for five minutes." I mumble.

"You ask me to do such impossible things...."

I see the door open, my brother walking out with a big smile.
Forgetting all my nerves I run up to him, giving him a hug.
"Hey firecracker" Luke grins, hugging me back.
It felt so good to see him out again.
To have things start to return to normal.

I eventually let go, letting him see Kain as well.
After a few minutes, we all get in the car, driving back to Kain's house.
I stay in the back with my brother, wanting to stay close to him after he's been away for so long.
He seems good. Really good. Happy.

Kain grins as he looks back at me in the rear view mirror, seeing the smile on my face.
We eventually pull up to the house and I walk right in, settling into a seat at the kitchen counter.

"Looks like you've gotten yourself pretty comfortable here, huh?" Luke grins at me, teasing.
My cheeks turn a bit pink and I look over at Kain, unsure what to say at this point.

I look back at my brother, knowing he needed to find out sooner rather than later.
"I have something to tell you, just please don't be upset with me-"
Kain cuts me off,
"Your sister and I are together."

My brother pauses for a second, turning to Kain.
And before I know it Luke is throwing a right hook straight into Kain's jaw.
"Holy shit-" I gasp, standing up immediately and looking at my brother with wide eyes.

Kain stumbles back a step, letting out a breath as he just nodded, almost like he was expecting the hit.
My brother shakes out his right hand, clearly hurting himself in the process.
I look between the two of them speechless, unsure what is happening right now.

After a moment of silence, my brother looks back at Kain,
"You treating her good?" Luke asks him.
"Only the best" Kain replies

Luke turns to me, raising an eyebrow.
I nod in agreement quickly, not needing Kain to get punched again.

"Alright then." A smile breaks out on his face, patting Kain on the back.
My lips part open in confusion as Kain grins back at him, as if my brother hadn't just decked him in the face.

"What the fuck is going on?" I get out

Kain just smirks, looking over me.
My brother grins, pulling me in for a hug,
"Come on, you're my baby sister. Even if he's my best friend I gotta keep him in line with you. Always."

I smile softly, shaking my head at their fucking nonsense.
"Don't worry, your sister there keeps me pretty damn in line all by herself. She'd stab me if I fucked up with her." Kain teases, grabbing my hand as he pulls me closer to him.

"I don't doubt it. She's never been easy to hold down." My brother laughs, causing me to shoot a glare in his direction.
I turn back to Kain, running my thumb over the fresh, red mark on his jaw.
Fucking men. Idiots.

Kain drapes his arm over my shoulder with a grin, and my brother just looks at us with a knowing smile.
"My best friend and my sister..." he sighs, shaking his head.

"Might as well start calling me family, I'm not letting her go." Kain tells him, gripping me closer.
"Slow down there, I barely like you." I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"Sure you do princess." He smirks, winking at my brother.

"You know Drea, when I told you to give him a chance, I didn't mean make him fall in love with you." Luke tells me, teasing me even more.
God, I swear these two together will be the death of me.

I scoff.
"I did not make-" Kain cuts me off,

"I was already long gone years ago Luke. When it comes to her I never stood a chance."

•••
The end angels...

Thank you for your love and support always<3