Chapter 2

~1921~

It was the next day, as Margaret just laid down on bed staring at the ceiling wondering why her husband would assume such an awful thing then proceeded to do that to her as "punishment," she didn't know what she did was even exactly wrong as tears fell down her face.

--

In the morning, Ricardo then decided to manipulate her sweetly and kindly to keep Margaret in love with him. He is mainly doing this because her father was a very important man especially since he was the leader of the Mafia so he needed that money from him and because her father was passing down the money to Margaret, he took this as an opportunity to gain for this.

Margaret was trying to forget about last night and was trying to trust Ricardo to fix their marriage. And sadly the manipulation tactic Ricardo used on her worked really well apparently.

"I'm sorry for that last night sweetie.... Just remember, I do this because I love you...." Ricardo said in such a sickly sweet tone, just to manipulate her.

"I guess so.... As long as you love me..." Margaret said as she wanted to believe him sadly.

"Good my love... Now... Shall we go to work downstairs?" Ricardo said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah of course!" Margaret said as she nodded.

Months passed by since, one day Ricardo got drunk and when Margaret was busy working, Ricardo started to secretly flirt with her brother Angelo without realizing it. Later when Margaret was talking to the guests, Ricardo and Angelo would eventually sleep with each other in a private room. Not in Margaret's and Ricardo's apartment, just in a private room in the building.

In the morning afterwards, Margaret would wonder where Ricardo went not sure where he went, so she went down to work and saw Alastor in the bar area where she was working.

"Ah, Alastor? What are you doing here?" As she asked, she grabs a glass and pours some whiskey in it before handing it to Alastor.

"Well I came to visit my good friend my dear! So of course!" Alastor smiled before drinking his whiskey. "Also how are you and your husband doing now?"

"He has been good.... But I'm worried about him.... He didn't come to our apartment last night.... I'm not sure where he is at...." Margaret said as she frowned a bit worried.

"Well hopefully he shows up soon! And I hope he's treating you right my dear" Alastor said as he was being a good friend and hopes she's happy.

"Thanks Al.... You are a good pal" Margaret said but she thought about telling him what happened that night after she came home but she decided not to since Ricardo manipulated her into believing he loved her sadly.

"Of course" Alastor said with a smile as he took another sip from his whiskey, both Alastor and Margaret were talking for a while, catching up and all.

Then Ricardo woke up and noticed Angelo in the same bed as him as he said "fuck" quietly before leaving the room quickly after getting dressed. He then went down to the bar seeing Margaret talking to Alastor as he went to her.

"Margaret? What's going on here sweetie?" Ricardo said as he was trying to not make a scene in front of Alastor.

"Ah Ricardo! I was just talking to Alastor, also where were you last night? I was worried..." Margaret then asked.

"Sweetie.... Meet me in our apartment please?" Ricardo said as he headed to their apartment.

"Ok..? Ah, be back Al!" *Margaret said to Alastor before following Ricardo, once she got inside Ricardo shut the door. He then slapped her face.

"What the fuck did I say about talking to other men?!"

"B-but we are just friends... I just wanted to talk to my friend.... It isn't that bad....?" Margaret said being confused by this and wondering why he was acting like this again just like those months ago.

Ricardo sighs before he uses his sickly sweet manipulative voice on her as he said, "Oh hun... I'm so sorry.... But he is trying to flirt with you, so promise me you will stay with him? Alright?~" he was lying.... He just wanted her to stay away from her own friend....

"But Alastor isn't the type to fall in love that quickly... I don't think he even has a type of not.... Or even interested in romance so it should be fine?" Margaret said, as she was puzzled by Ricardo.

"Listen to me, I'm saying the truth, don't believe that guy at all, got it? You love me so you better listen to me" Ricardo said as he was lying and manipulating her.

Margaret just nods slowly not knowing what else to say.

"Good...." Ricardo said as he turned around as he smirked, he then went back to the bar. "Sorry but Margaret is busy, you may leave now"

"I see.... She would usually say bye to me before she's busy.... Strange... Hm...." Alastor said as he glared at Ricardo. "Have you hurt or threatenedher Ricardo?" Alastor said as he puts his hands on his hips while glare at him.

"..... Of course not, she is just busy" Ricardo then told Alastor.

"I see... Well bye then...." Alastor said as he stood up and was finding Ricardo suspicious.

"Goodbye!" Ricardo said as he waves at him.

Alastor gave him a look of suspicion as he walked out.

Ricardo then went upstairs to go teach Margaret a "lesson" for talking to Alastor once again, in hopes she could stay away from him.

To be continued!

Sorry for the short chapter again! Anyways here's another one, also don't worry the bitch Ricardo will get murdered! In the future.

Also I just have to say the abuser would usually always manipulate their victim just to keep them by them and stick to their side. Trust me I know how that is...

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this story!