Episode - 12

The grand hall was abuzz with the chatter of guests and family members, all gathered to celebrate Nawazuddin's birthday. Falak, Nayab, and Faiza stood in a corner, engaged in conversation with a group of ladies.

Mrs. Roy turned to Faiza and asked, "And Mrs. Shahbaz, when are you planning to get Elhaan married? It's been ages since we've received any wedding invitations from your house."

Mrs. Ahmed chimed in, "Yes, indeed! This time, it will be a proper wedding, won't it, Mrs. Shahbaz? Not like Rohail's, where we only found out about the marriage after the Niqaah ceremony."

The two ladies burst into laughter.

Faiza smiled, "No, no! We will have a proper wedding for Elhaan. Rohail's was a rushed affair, but we've planned a lot for Elhaan."

Mrs. Ahmed leaned in, a sly glint in her eye, "Come now, Mrs. Shahbaz, don't be coy with us. We all know Rohail went against your wishes and married Ramsha."

Mrs. Roy tried to humiliate, "We felt terrible for you, Faiza. You had made so many plans, and we heard the girl Rohail was engaged to was your friend's daughter. I assume you two aren't on speaking terms now. It's unfortunate."

Faiza tried to downplay the situation, "No, it's not like that..."

Nayab intervened, addressing Mrs. Roy and Ahmed, "Our son didn't do anything wrong, so why the regret? He liked someone and fought the world for her, and that's not a bad thing. The girl's parents and we were all in agreement, but perhaps you're more interested in gossip. As for the girl Rohail was supposed to marry, let me tell you, it was just a proposal, nothing was confirmed. Our son told us everything from the start. That girl liked him, and you know how stubborn today's kids are, so we had to rush into Rohail's marriage."

The two ladies fell silent, seemingly taken aback by Nayab's response. Faiza didn't like Nayab's answer but chose not to say anything.

Nayab added, "And yes! Bhabhi and her friend are still in touch. That's what happens when you have a good upbringing - you don't take things to heart."

Mrs. Roy laughed, "We were just joking!"

Nayab smiled, "Exactly, we were just telling you the same!"

Mrs. Ahmed turned to Faiza and asked, "So, Faiza, have you found someone for Elhaan? If not, we have a few good matches from respectable families. Should we introduce you?"

Faiza replied, "No need for that. We've already found a girl for Elhaan."

Falak and Nayab's eyes widened in surprise as they instantly grasped whom Faiza was referring to. They exchanged a knowing glance, their expressions hinting at a mix of emotions - surprise, curiosity, and perhaps a touch of disapproval. They had been aware of Elhaan's interactions with Amreen, but they hadn't expected Faiza to consider her as a potential daughter-in-law. The air was filled with an unspoken understanding, as if they were thinking, "So, it's Amreen."

Mrs. Roy's curiosity was piqued, and she asked with excitement, "Who is she? Tell us! Whose daughter is she? What's her status? What does she do?"

Faiza's response was brief, "Just assume she's one of the best."

Mrs. Ahmed requested, "Introduce us to her."

Faiza agreed, "Yeah, sure... She's over there."

As Faiza raised her hand, pointing her finger, the ladies turned towards Zoya, who was standing at a distance with her cousin and Amreen. Faiza announced with a smile, "There she is, our future daughter-in-law."

However, Falak's expression revealed her disapproval of Faiza's choice. Mrs. Ahmed, on the other hand, complimented, "Faiza, your future daughter-in-law is lovely."