Episode - 34

Three days later, the day of Elhaan and Amreen's Nikah arrived. The hall was filled with people, all dressed in their finest attire. A beautiful flower barrier adorned the front, separating the men from the women. Elhaan, dashing in his cream-colored outfit and red pagri, stood on one side with the other males. Azka escorted Amreen, resplendent in her cream-colored attire and red veil, which modestly covered her face, to the opposite side. She looked mesmerizing, her beauty captivating all who laid eyes on her.

Nawazuddin's voice trembled with emotion as he gazed at the couple. "Ma Sha Allah, my children look so lovely. Oh Allah, I'm grateful to have witnessed Elhaan's Nikah."

Shahnawaz echoed his sentiments, "Shukar Al hamdulillah."

Amir gazed lovingly at the couple, "Look at them, so adorable together!"

Shahbaz nodded in agreement, "True, well, not me but my son has made an excellent choice."

Shahnawaz whispered mischievously, "Brother, keep your voice down, or Bhabhi (Sister-in-law) will find out about your past connection with Azka Aapi (Sister), and jealousy might get the better of her."

Shahbaz's eyes widened in alarm, "I hadn't thought of that...shhhhh."

Zeeshan interrupted, "Enough chit-chat, the Nikah is about to begin."

Nawazuddin encouraged, "Yes, let's start...the Qazi sahab is here."

The Qazi began the ceremony, explaining the benefits of Nikah and sharing some Sunnah practices. Then, he recited a prayer and commenced the Nikah proceedings. Amreen's gaze remained downcast, while Elhaan's eyes were fixed on her, filled with adoration.

The Qazi asked Amreen, "Amreen Ali, do you accept the Nikah with Elhaan Shahbaz Sheikh, with a haq mahar of 5 lakh rupees, in the presence of all these witnesses?"

Everyone looked at her waiting for an answer as Amreen took a long pause.

The Qazi repeated, "I ask again, Amreen Ali, do you accept the Nikah with Elhaan Shahbaz Sheikh, with a haq mahar of 5 lakh rupees, in the presence of all these witnesses?"

Amreen remained silent, leaving the room filled with anticipation. Elhaan's eyes widened in concern, "Bro...why isn't she saying anything?"

Zeeshan and Shahnaz exchanged mischievous glances, knowing they had advised Amreen to take a long pause before responding. Just to play a prank on Elhaan. The tension was palpable, with all eyes fixed on Amreen, waiting for her response.

Azka gently patted Amreen's shoulder, "Amreen, speak up, child."

Amir approached her, "Dear, please respond!"

The Qazi cautioned, "Excuse me, both of you. Don't force the girl, everyone."

Elhaan interjected, "Kazi Sahab, this isn't force...it's happening with her will. Amreen, please say yes. Otherwise, people will think I'm forcing you into this Nikah. It's a matter of my honor. Please."

Just then, the room erupted into laughter, and Elhaan looked around, bewildered and confused. Amreen smiled mischievously and said, "Ji Qubool hai" (Yes, I accept).

The room exploded into cheers and applause, "Yayyyyyyyy!" as everyone celebrated the couple's union.

The Qazi asked again, "Do you accept?"

Amreen replied, "Ji Qubool hai" (Yes, I accept).

The Qazi repeated, "Do you accept?"

Amreen confirmed, "Qubool hai" (I accept).

Amir handed her the Nikah document to sign. Elhaan exclaimed, "Shukr Alhamdulillah" (Thanks be to God).

He turned to the gathering, "You all are so cruel. This is the third time you've pranked me!"