// 63

"Am I fucking up your plans tonight?" Talyn asked, looking out the window of the BART as we pulled out of the station from Oakland Coliseum.

"What?! No! Tally..." I sighed., grabbing his hand without thinking. "I...will take the bullshit of this situation up with the athletic department tomorrow, and we can talk about...why you're here after they try and sell you Cal football...so maybe that makes me a little selfish, but right now, I'm just happy you're here."

Talyn unlaced my fingers from his to instead wrap his arm around my shoulders and pull me into him again. Something inside of me realized we must look very much in love to other people on the train. Something else told me it was probably somewhat cruel of me not to sit up straight and pull away...but I was comfortable here, and my best friend in the world was, if nothing else, warm.

"You're gonna make me go see Tyler Hilton tonight, aren't you?" he asked.

I could hear the smile in his voice. "Yes."

Talyn leaned his cheek onto the crown of my head and I closed my eyes. I knew it was wrong on some level, but I was starting to realize that love had many manifestations. If people wanted to think we were in love, so be it. I'd never see any of them again. Besides, were they wrong?

In that isolated moment, considering nothing and no one else in the world—only what we knew of each other—I couldn't say I'd disagree.