☆☆ 164

"Hello?"

"Hi."

He was groggy and half asleep, but he'd know that voice anywhere, on any planet, in any state of consciousness. "Sawyer."

He could hear her smile on the other end. "How are you?" she asked.

"Asleep," he laughed.

"Oh no, I'm sorr—"

"No no, I'll rise from the dead to talk to you, pretty girl. What's up?" He knew she was in Park City right now. Knew she was with Alex, and Micki, and Seth and the rest of her cast and crew. "What are you doing calling me? Aren't all your people in Park City?"

"Not all of them," she reminded him without skipping a beat. "You're the one that got me to do this, after all."

"Got you to do what?"

She sighed. "You did this—remember? You told me I could rewrite this screenplay in your mom's bar?"

Until that moment, he'd all but forgotten. Of course he did. He knew she could fly before she knew it herself. "I do remember, now. I'm happy to be a part of it."

She was quiet for a moment. He was still trying to wake up, and didn't know what to say, but he heard a familiar jingle in the background. That bracelet. He exhaled an abbreviated laugh of happiness. "Where are you?"

"Sidecar," she replied. "Well, out front, anyway. I wouldn't have been able to hear you inside."

He nodded, although he knew she couldn't see it. "I bet. I wish I was there."

"Me too."