The First Day

1st of September of 1991

(Y/n)'s POV

We looked for Neville's toad for a lot time, and before we realized it, the train already got to its destination

"I'm sorry Neville, I'm sure we'll find him on our way to Hogwarts, he may exit the train" I tried to cheer Neville up, but it clearly didn't work

We exited the train and met up with Harry and Ron, it was dark time now, and we saw a light approaching us, well, more than a light, a giant person carrying a light.

"Firs' years! Firs's years over here! All right there, Harry?"

It was a giant person who apparently knew Harry, I stood there shocked, and apparently, the giant realized this too and said

"Oh, nice to meet ya', name's Hagrid"

"O-oh, um, nice to meet you sir, my name is (Y/n) (L/n)" I said, trying to look into his eyes, but I wasn't able to because he was too tall.

"Oh! You're Salazar's and Phoebe's child, eh? Good lads, you should've seen em' when they were kids, your father was shy too but never stuttered, Oh well! you have their essence" Said Hagrid

"Do you think... Do you think you could tell me more about them? They don't tell me a lot of stories from when they were young." I asked

"Of course kid, i could go on for hours" When he said this he laughed loudly "But for now we're kinda in a hurry, so, C'mon, follow me – any more firs'-years? Mind yer step, now! Firs'-years follow me!" He kept on moving and all of us followed him.

We followed Hagrid as he got us to a dark and narrow path which was close to a lake, no one was talking, so we could hear Neville's sobbing, I tried to comfort him as best as I could, but it wasn't working, when we turned on the road, I saw a giant castle, I admired it in silence, but there were a lot of gasps.

We arrived at some boats, which from the looks of them could only hold about 4 people each, I got into one with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, we got to some kind of underground dock, we got off the boats and climbed through some rocks, after we did all of this, Hagrid said.

"Oi, you there! Is this your toad?"

"Trevor!" Said Neville, happier than I've ever seen him so far, and I felt relieved that he finally found his pet.

We walked up some stone stairs and stood in front of a giant door made out of wood, Hagrid knocked on the door three times and we waited.

While doing so, three boys got close to us, with the one in the middle being blond, almost as if his hair had bleach on it.

The blond boy then started to talk, as his two friends followed him around.

"It's true then, what they saying on the train, Harry Potter himself has come to Hogwarts" He gestured to his two friends "This is Crabbe, and this is Goyle, and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" When he said his name, Ron laughed, I don't know why, but he did so anyways, Draco then looked at him, but not like he looked at Harry, he looked at him like he was less than him, and said.

"Think my name is funny, do you? No need to ask yours, red hair, and a hand-me-down robes? You must be a Weasly. You'll soon realize some wizarding families are better than others Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there" When he finished saying that, he extended his hand for a handshake with Harry.

What he said about Ron upsetted me, I was about to say something, but Harry talked before me.

"I think I can tell the sort for myself, thanks" The boy looked at Harry, and I added my own bits.