A crisis in the bathroom

(Y/n)'s POV

The next morning, I went to have breakfast. It was hard to get used to waking up so early, but I think I was managing it very well, and so, I sat next to Harry and Ron, mainly because they were the only two people, aside from Hermione and Neville, that I talked to.

"Uh, are you all right (Y/n)?" Said Ron "You look like someone pissed on your bed"

"I don't really understand the metaphor but yeah, you look annoyed" Said Harry.

"Uh? Oh, yeah, everything's just fancy, I just hate mornings and waking up" I said, I guess I'm not managing it that well...

"Mom always said I get in a bad mood when I have to wake up in the mornings, but don't worry, everything's all right, in fact, worry if I don't get annoyed" I said, laughing.

We were just talking and eating, when suddenly a parcel was dropped in front of Harry, I got startled and so did Harry and Ron, and a letter flew down, Harry opened the letter first, me and Ron got close so that we could read it.

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Oliver Wood will meet you tonight on the Quidditch pitch at seven o'clock for your first training session.

Professor M. McGonagall

Harry was obviously happy, and I patted his shoulder for it, trying to somehow show I was happy for him, but honestly, the whole sport looked scary, and I was more worried than happy.

But Ron looked even more happy than Harry was, and said

"A Nimbus Two Thousand! I've never even touched one!"

They started to leave, and I only noticed because they told me. I was focused more on eating and because of my mood, I could only focus on one thing at a time, but after they told me, I followed them.

"You guys are really excited about the pack-" Before I could even finish the sentence, when we went through the Entrance Hall, on the way upstairs, there was the idiot squad, Malfoy and his two friends who I couldn't honestly remember their names, and they took the package from Harry.

"That's a broomstick, you'll be for it this time, Potter, first-years aren't allowed them" Said Draco.

Feeling a surge of.... bravery? I guess you could call it that. I don't know if it was because I was already in a bad mood or what, but I said.

"I'm surprised you can even tell, you know, given how slow and stupid you are"

"Huh, the coward feels though now, I'm honestly surprised you can even talk, I thought all you could do was cry and stutter." Said Malfoy.

Before I could say anything else, apparently, Ron couldn't hold it for much longer.

"It's not any old broomstick, it's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you got at home, Malfoy? A Comet Two Sixty? Comets look flashy, but they're not on the same level as the Nimbus" Said Ron with a smile on his face.

"What would you know about it, Weasly, you couldn't afford half the handle, I suppose you and your brothers have to save up twig by twig." Malfoy snapped back.

"Even if Ron had the worst broomstick, I bet he's still worth ten of you in Quidditch, after all, it's the player that makes the broomstick great" I said, Man, what's going on? My mouth keeps running, I just hope they leave quickly.... I thought.

And as if my prayers were heard, Professor Flitwick arrived.

"Not arguing, I hope, boys?"

"Potter's been sent a broomstick, Professor." Said Malfoy quickly, trying to get Harry in trouble.