We Try to Stop a Thief

(Y/n)'s Pov

The next days, the exams came, and I for one was pretty nervous, I guess it was because, aside from Voldemort possibly coming back, I got really anxious at tests in general, if I got anxious at asking questions, imagine how I got with tests, although it wasn't as bad as I thought so in the beginning.

We had written and practical exams, on the written ones, they told us the quills have been enchanted to have an Anti-Cheating spell – whatever that meant – although, I couldn't even dream of cheating, the thought alone made me sweat a lot.

In the practical side I believe I did better than the written one, Professor Flitwick made us make a pineapple dance, which was weird, Professor McGonagall made us turn a mouse into a snuff box, and Professor Snape made us do a Forgetfulness Potion, we shall not speak how I did on Herbology....

The eventual threat of Voldemort coming back kept me awake at nights, and I wasn't the only one, Harry looked the same if not worse, touching his scar and wincing in pain, I tried talking to him, but there wasn't anything I could do to make the pain go away, so I tried distracting him.

Ron and Hermione seemed unaffected by it, maybe because they didn't see or hear what we did, but still, it managed to give me a sense of normality that sometimes made me even more nervous.

The final exam was History of Magic, a subject so boring I almost always fell asleep. After Professor Binns told us to drop our quills, the cheering the class made woke me up from my sleep, but it meant we were finally free.

Hermione had a habit of talking about the exams after we did them, this didn't make Ron happy, but I liked it. It helped me be more assured of what questions I got right or wrong.

I had to keep Hermoine distracted too, so that she wouldn't get too wrapped up around studying and such. I did my best at that, it didn't help that she actually liked studying, but anyways, we walked to a tree near the lake, and sat there. It was a sunny day, so Blaze was having fun at least.

"That was far easier than I thought it would be, I needn't have learnt about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager" She said, I just stared at her with sleepy eyes, and said.

"....Who? And there's a code of conduct?" I was surprised she could fit so much on her head and not blow up.

"No more revision" Said Ron, he looked at Harry and I, and saw that we were deep in thought, paired with Harry having a pulsating pain on his scar.

"You two could look more cheerful, we've got a week before we find out how badly we've done, there's no need to worry yet." Said Ron.

"I wish I knew what this means! My scar keeps burning, it's happened before, but never as often as this." Said Harry, I just again, looked at Ron with sleepy eyes, and said.

"I wish I could be, but with Voldemort "Ron squeaked Hermione let out a small eep at the sound of the name "threatening to come back any day now, it's hard for me to even sleep, I keep thinking about it."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey" Said Hermione to what Harry said, "And don't worry (Y/n), as long as Dumbledore is around the stone will be safe." She said to me, trying to ease my nervousness, but what if, by chance, Dumbledore had to leave Hogwarts? A day, or even a few hours was all that hooded creature needed.

"Relax, (Y/n), Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as he's here. Anyways, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy, he nearly had his head ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid let's Dumbledore down." Said Ron, in a very coherent speech.