First day goes... unexpectedly

(Y/n)'s POV

I couldn't sleep very well, and if I'm usually bad tempered on the mornings, imagine how I would be with less sleep than usual, I kept turning and twitching on my sleep, slept for a few hours, and then went back to twitching and turning, but can you blame me? It was really exciting to think what they would teach me in a magical school.

So, with that thought, and knowing I wouldn't really get any more sleep, I just got up, put on my robes, and went to the first class of the day, I guess you can say, to add on top of all of that, I was nervous and didn't want to get lost, because with a school so big, and knowing how distracted I get, it was obvious I would get lost, and just as I said, it was around 5:30 when I left the common room, it was nearly 7 when I found the classroom, but at least I wouldn't get lost anymore, I guess....

—————————————————————————————————————

When I got there, I was kinda surprised to see Hermione there, sitting alone. I got up to her, forgetting my sleep because, for some weird reason, even though I got very little hours of sleep, I didn't feel tired at all.

"Hermione? Why are you here this early?" I asked, with my quiet voice.

"Oh! (Y/n)! Well, Obviously, I wanted to get to class early, I can't afford to be late on the first day out of all of them, but I can see that you thought the same as me, seeing you as you are the second to get here." Said Hermione, with a proud smile, and a proud posture, with her arms crossed.

"Oh, well, actually, I couldn't sleep very well because I was really excited, so I just got up really early and went looking for the classroom, I knew I would get lost so I left at around 5:30." I said, giggling a bit about it.

"That's... uh, really early, did you really get lost?"

"Yeah, I tend to get distracted easily, and this whole school is so full of interesting things that it was bound to happen I guess." I said, without really thinking about it.

"Mmm, maybe we could go together to classes? That way you wouldn't get lost" She said.

"Really? I thought about asking you yesterday, but... I got nervous and didn't, we could, um, sit together, i-if you'd like?" I asked with shyness, I don't really know why I was nervous about asking her, I guess you can blame it on never having a friend before.

"That would be fantastic! Also, you don't have to get nervous around me, I mean, we're friends, right? That's what friends usually do, or at least that's what I've heard, I would love to sit beside you." She said, and as she did, I sat right next to her.

We talked about a few things before I noticed a cat with eyes similar to Professor McGonagall, was standing on what I assume was her desk..

"Hey Hermione, weren't there some wizards and witches who could turn themselves into animals? Because that cat's eyes look eerily similar to Professor McGonagall's eyes" I said, while pointing to the cat.

"Oh yeah! If I remember correctly, those with that ability were called Animagus" As expected of Hermione, she knew the answer immediately.

I nodded to her, and as I did that, the cat on the table jumped, and transformed into a bigger form, which turned out to be Professor McGonagall.

I was shocked and amazed, I looked to my right and saw that Hermione was with the same expression, and before we got the chance to say anything, Professor McGonagall said.

"Very well you two, I can see you have been reading books that are far beyond what you should be reading, so I congratulate you, but please, keep it a secret, I don't want the surprise to be spoiled for those who come late to class" She said with a small grin.