Chapter 34: Darkblade

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Tuesday, December 29th, 2015, third person POV...)

Ladybug enters her room through the skylight on her balcony.

She detransforms into Marinette.

Nadia Chamack says on the TVi News tab on Marinette's computer, "The Miraculous Corps have saved Paris yet again."

Marinette retorts, "And once again, Marinette Dupain-Cheng hopes to have enough time to finally finish building her magic box."

Tikki asks, "What is this magic box for, Marinette?"

Marinette answers, "Simply put, I'm using it to lock away my writing journal because of how big it is, and also because I don't want anyone potentially getting their hands on any of my secrets from my journal logs."

Tikki inquires in concern, "Your journal has every little secret you have? You're telling me that you were writing everything down into your journal? And you've also been writing the same things into your computer journal?"

Marinette answers, "Actually no. You see, the Birds told me that part of the reason why Shadybug tried to summon Gimmi in the first place was because my original counterparts chose to write down everything about being a superhero and about the Miraculouses before becoming the catalyst for her becoming Ladybug herself. And because of my foreknowledge, my trust issues, and my paranoia combined with my overly extensive knowledge about computers, I added firewalls to my computer journal that are programmed to only allow any one of my new recruits or any one of our current teammates to access them if they politely ask and if the computer detects no malicious intentions for any forms of recorded information within the hard drive, specifically if I or any of my clones aren't home for any reason. If the computer does detect such a thing or if anyone attempts to hack into the computer, several kinds of defense systems engage, such as a counter-virus, the bear-trapped magic box the Birds provided for me to replace the fake one in case someone tries to steal my physical journal regardless of whether or not it has my Miraculous foreknowledge in it, the taser sentries, and best of all, the same chain booby trap Copycat used on Cat Noir in the original timeline which we didn't even need to bust in this timeline thanks to our preparations this time around."

Marinette sighs wistfully as Tikki asks again, "So, this is another example of how well-prepared you came with and without the Birds' own foreknowledge?"

Marinette replies, "Yep."

Marinette then gestures for Tikki to try lifting her journal out of the magic box.

Tikki does so, only to get locked inside of it.

She yells, "(Muffled) Hey!"

Marinette points out in a deadpan, "You know you can phase through solid objects, right?"

Tikki replies inside the box, "(Muffled) Oh!"