Chapter 81: Zombizou

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Wednesday, April 27th, 2016, Chloe Bourgeois' POV...)

By the time I finished my exercise routine, my phone rang and I read the notification.

According to the chronological order of Miraculous Ladybug, today was the original Ms. Bustier's birthday.

I said in annoyance, "F(bleep!)-ing (bleep!)."

Unlike the rest of my classmates before The Bubbler and along with Marinette, Adrien, Alya, Nino, and pretty much everyone in our school who were recruited into the Miraculous Corps before and after the baby battle between Gigantitan, Behemoth, and his allies, I hated the canonical Ms. Bustier to an extreme.

And there's only one reason among others as to why: for her canonical self, she may try her best and do what she believes is the right choice, but unfortunately, her teaching methods are absolutely horrible.

She has selective hearing, and more often than otherwise, she talks down to bullied victims while insisting that the bullies shouldn't be punished just because they don't know any better that their bullying actions are wrong. Just because she thinks bullies need love.

From a psychiatrist view, she's only partially right since most bullies become the way they are because they don't know how to carefully unleash their anger and sadness, and also because, among other things, they have learning disabilities and a select few come from families who use physical abuse as a form of discipline.

But unfortunately, Canon Bustier is unaware of and completely ignores the fact that without discipline, bullies and other kinds of delinquents remain unpunished and unopposed to the point where they become criminals and supervillains in adult life. Along with the fact that ever since the 1980s and up, schoolchildren have been committing suicide due to bullying, regardless of whether or not their own teachers are also incompetent in punishing bullies.

And, call it a hunch, but my instincts tell me that the instant our future Hawk Moth II, Lila Rossi, is exposed for the fraud and potential Hawk Moth successor she is on Heroes' Day or even on a day in season 3 to take place before the Miraculer and Sentimonster Ladybug episodes if in the event we fail to apprehend her along with Gabriel, Tomoe, Alexander, and Mr. David Hood on Heroes' Day, the original Ms. Bustier would've been among the select few who'd attempt to protect Lila from punishment, even if their mothers rip into them both in ways that they can and can't understand that their actions have consequences, and even if it wasn't for us exposing the original Bustier and Damocles' actions to the school board before Adrien's birthday and the Bubbler incident just this past year.

And next to that, many canon versions of Caline literally encouraged Marinette to not take action against my past self's behavior, and because no one was there to give Bustier a piece of their minds along with Marinette being naïve, weak-willed, weak-minded, and confidence-stunted because of the fact that people like myself and events similar to the Miraculous/DC Comics crossover Marinette's trust issues never happened to make Marinette rip into Caline about how much she is horrible, well, I think you can fill in the rest of the details if you were able to.