Chapter 119: Kwamibuster

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Thursday, August 4th, 2016, third person POV...)

In Ms. Bustier's classroom, Ms. Bustier is teaching literature.

She says, "In the year 1670, Molière was commissioned by King Louis the 14th, nicknamed the Sun King, to write a play that was meant to ridicule a certain ambassador – "

As Ms. Bustier teaches the class, her students old and new pay close attention and take notes at the exact same speed as Ms. Bustier's speech patterns without breaking any pencils or pieces of paper, and without setting any pieces of paper on fire.

And this time around, Plagg doesn't fly into Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom for the pungent cheese that she used to use to lure him and Tikki into her traps in the original timeline. Why? Chloe's wishing power was a result of permanently rewriting Plagg's personality and habits.

Of course, some loose kwamis by the names of Zlaata, Cruuzita, and Aarnold, the kwamis of the Tylosaurus, Toadfish, and Spiny Dogfish Miraculous Clones, flew down to Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom instead, with Zlaata sharing Plagg's former obsession with smelly cheese.

Cruuzita says, "Zlaata, you promised that you wouldn't come back to this classroom!"

Zlaata replies, "Sorry, but I'm a promise breaker, and besides, I can't fight back against the irresistible beauty of this thing! It sits right here every school day calling to me with its gooey deliciousness. And every time I eat it, the owner leaves the same thing the very next school day!"

She starts eating the cheese.

Cruuzita asks, "Aarnold, don't you think it's strange that this disgusting, smelly thing just appears in the same spot every school day no matter how many times or how much of it Zlaata eats?"

Aarnold replies, "Come to think of it, I have indeed noticed this sign. Which means we've walked right into a trap."

Ms. Mendeleiev pops up from underneath her desk, trapping the three kwami clones inside of a green net.

Cruuzita snarls in shock, "Yaargh!"

Ms. Mendeleiev remarks, "Ah, I've got you at last, you strange creatures."

Cruuzita and Aarnold pull Zlaata away from the cheese and all three of them phase through the net.

Cruuzita then says, "This is why you should listen to orders, like Tikki and Plagg! Let's get out of here!"

Ms. Mendeleiev barely misses them with the net in her hands, and it gets stuck on a water fountain faucet, making her trip.

Ms. Mendeleiev grunts in pain before asking in shock, "Ugh! And they can talk too?!"