Chapter 106: Backwarder

(Black and white flashback: Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Paris, France, Saturday, May 11th, 1940, World War II, Nazi Invasion of France, third person POV...)

Red searchlights swept the area near the Seine as a young Wang Fu and Marianne Lenoir are running from the Nazis, who had heard about the Miraculouses and the Miracle Box, hence the red searchlights were searching for them so that the Nazis can gun them down and steal the box so that they can use the Miraculouses to win World War II.

Marianne stops near the Seine and says, "Wait! We have to fight, Fu! Let's use the Miraculouses in the box: I'll take the Ladybug and you take the Black Cat!"

Master Fu points out before saying pleadingly, "But what if we fail? Even if the Miraculouses give the users near invulnerability, Miraculous users are not bulletproof. If we fail, they'll get a grasp of this box and it'll be the end of the world! Come with me; we'll be safe in England."

Master Fu grasps Marianne's hand and runs forward, but she frees her hand from his grip, and this makes him face her in shock.

Master Fu asks, "Marianne?"

Marianne replies, "Leave without me; I'd rather stay and fight the Nazis, even without the Miraculouses! Evil triumphs when good men and women stand by and do nothing, no matter what tools or resources they have!"

Master Fu takes out a button with the Chinese ideogram, Ài, which means love in Chinese, from his tie and he fastens it to Marianne's blouse.

He then places his hands on her upper arms and says, "I'll come back for this, and for you!"

Marianne clenches Master Fu's fists and replies, "I'll be waiting here for you, every day!"

Master Fu starts to say, "Marianne... I've never told you this, but I – "

But Marianne puts her index finger on his lips and says, "Shh... Tell me when you return!"

A red searchlight then falls on Marianne's face and a voice of a Nazi is heard shouting in English from afar even as she turns to face the searchlight, "Over there! Get them!"

Marianne turns to Master Fu and says, "Now go!"

The both of them let go of each other's hands and they run in opposite directions while the man's voice is heard over sniper and gunner gunfire saying, "Come on! Faster, men! The box! We must get the box by any means necessary!"

(Normal color present day: Friday, June 24th, 2016, 3:55 p.m., third person POV...)

In Marinette's bedroom, Marinette says to her teenage teammates in her class on video call, "So, everyone, I got exciting news! Adrien, Emilie, Amelie, Felix, Tomoyuki, Kagami, Audrey, Andre, Chloe, Zoe, my parents, and myself have been invited to the Royal Wedding in England this coming weekend!"